[h=2]Installation on DM500[/h][h=3]How to Flash using the http method[/h]
- Download our latest image
- Shut down the Dreambox into deep standby (use the menu or flip the power switch)
- Connect the Dreambox and the PC to the network. You need a DHCP capable modem or server, or configure your PC to do so. If youâ€™re unsure, simply try if step 6 succeeds. If you connect the Dreambox directly to a PC, just enable the â€œinternet sharingâ€ function on the PC which will enable its DHCP function.
- Press and hold the â€œdownâ€ button to the left of the display. While holding the down button, press the power button or flip the switch to start it.
- Wait for the text â€œ* * * STOP * * *â€ to appear in the display. Then you can release the down button.
- On the display, an IP address appears, usually in the form â€œ192.168.1.42″. Start a browser on your PC and go to this address, e.g. â€œhttp://192.168.1.42/â€.
- You should get a web page for the Dreambox. At the bottom is a link that says â€œUpgrade firmwareâ€, follow this link.
- Select the image .nfi file with the browse button, and press the â€œFlashâ€ button. Also press the â€œreboot when finishedâ€ button, so that the box will restart once the update is ready.