Status
Not open for further replies.

Rat

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Downloads: A new file has been added by Rat:

Rat's Picon Updater Plugin

A plugin that installs the latest/updated picons that Rat & Snapman keep updated for the members of DigitalWorldz (28.2e)

ratsmallerorange.png

This is an Updater, so a set of picons need to be in place, either on HDD or USB
When the plugin is run it will find the stored location on your receiver and update and overwrite, when there is a new picon update available, you will see this posted on DW or Rat's Bouquet Blog

With many thanks to
Mick and snapman

plugint.jpg

pluginf.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
excellent plugin chaps thank you, like the nice touch searching for picon location, was thinking would have to do that manually :) excellent work chaps

To
Rat ,Mick and snapman
THANKS for all your hard work on this it is appreciated saves time having to download and then ftp the picons to the correct location.

cheers Johny48

try it and lets us know mate on the TM :)

would love to hear more members feedback, take it it works well :)

Works on the TM Single.

It would be perfect if it can be configured to run periodically. Also if it finds a USB drive and there is no picon folder, create one and then run.

Last edited:
Hi Rat

Perhaps I am not reading this correctly, I have the Rats Bouquet Updater installed on my Technomate twin which is working really well. Where is the plugin "Rats Picon Updater" so I can install it on the Technomate?

Hi Rat

Please ignore the previous message. I have found it. I will install it now and let you know how it works.

Thanks once again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers again Rat installed on TM-Twin with Vix ran perfectly it searched found and updated what more do you need :)

Thanks CJ

They are two separate plugins.

The picon updater updates picons.
Rat's channel updater installs latest version of his list and replaces existing lists.

If you want Sly numbering on your channels, use Lraizer's plugin.

This might sound like sacraligious but if I used Lraizers plug-in (autobouquets 28.2E) in conjunction with Rats PICON updater will the picon update references match the other persons channel listings? I presume they will. I personally use RATS plugins but the only reason I ask is Im selling a receiver to someone in Republic of Ireland and from memory the other Autobouquets updater allows you to select ROI as your 'region' so they get RTE and Irish channels etc as their main entertainment package whilst I know RATS are set to his own preset lineup and more UK based to begin with and I'd prefer to set this guys receiver up more relevant to his region. Sorry if I'm treading on your toes RAT or have offended you by asking the question in your amazing threads! Also, I've read RATS updates are more frequent than the other one, is this the case for those who've used both? If so, to hell with guy, Im going with RATS auto plugins!!

This might sound like sacraligious but if I used Lraizers plug-in (autobouquets 28.2E) in conjunction with Rats PICON updater will the picon update references match the other persons channel listings? I presume they will. I personally use RATS plugins but the only reason I ask is Im selling a receiver to someone in Republic of Ireland and from memory the other Autobouquets updater allows you to select ROI as your 'region' so they get RTE and Irish channels etc as their main entertainment package whilst I know RATS are set to his own preset lineup and more UK based to begin with and I'd prefer to set this guys receiver up more relevant to his region. Sorry if I'm treading on your toes RAT or have offended you by asking the question in your amazing threads! Also, I've read RATS updates are more frequent than the other one, is this the case for those who've used both? If so, to hell with guy, Im going with RATS auto plugins!!

Getting an answer to that question may depend on whether you are just selling one box or trading on a larger scale?

True but its just the one receiver I'm selling on as have upgraded past few weeks and shifting the other one onwards but going to someone in ROI instead of UK so was going to try to assist the newcomer and set it up for him more appropriately!

No reply to this isnt big deal as he'll get whats given to him and im sure be glad nonetheless.

True but its just the one receiver I'm selling on as have upgraded past few weeks and shifting the other one onwards but going to someone in ROI instead of UK so was going to try to assist the newcomer and set it up for him more appropriately!

No reply to this isnt big deal as he'll get whats given to him and im sure be glad nonetheless.

Thanks for the reply mate,I'm sure you understand why ;)

And to answer your question it should do no problem,but sometimes things go wrong :)

Apologies but can you confirm where I need to FTP the picon updater to?

And is there a main picon plugin that I need to install prior to the updater?

In reply to post 12, I use Vhannibal's list and run Lraizer's AB 28.2 and occasionally OE ABM. The picon pack by Snapman/Rat is almost always correct. Channels swapping around on transponder is what normally messes things up. It does not matter what list you use as the picons are called by the service ID rather than their position within a channel list.

With regards to accuracy of channel lists, Lraizer's plugin gets the details off the satellite stream. Barring any significant changes, they will be correct subject to being run at regular intervals. There is an auto timer. It does not override any other lists.

Hi Abu,

I don't have usb so I'm assuming instead I save the picons to my hard drive?
Once I've done that then download the picon updater ipk to tmp?

Hi Abu,

I don't have usb so I'm assuming instead I save the picons to my hard drive?
Once I've done that then download the picon updater ipk to tmp?

If you don't have a USB stick connected, then put them onto a HDD for time being. The downside to placing them on HDD is taht the drive will spin up every time you change channel. Not recommended. If you have USB stick lying around it would be better to use that.

Yes, transfer updater picon to /tmp/ directory and install it. You can actually install it without a HDD/USB. It just want update the picons unless you have a folder already.

If you don't have a USB stick connected, then put them onto a HDD for time being. The downside to placing them on HDD is taht the drive will spin up every time you change channel. Not recommended. If you have USB stick lying around it would be better to use that.

Yes, transfer updater picon to /tmp/ directory and install it. You can actually install it without a HDD/USB. It just want update the picons unless you have a folder already.

I'll get a usb stick as I don't want the hard drive to come on all the time. What size do you recommend?

I have a picon folder already and manually install the picons when Rat updates. If I don't need to.install picons to usb or hdd then I assume it will be on the internal flash?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back