HELP...can't get IP address of dm800 ?

lenny

Member ++
Reaction score
Hi folks,...I want to flash a new image to my dm800, I have done this many times before using the browser, I hold in the standby button whilst plugging the power cord into the back of the box to get the IP address but this time I don't get the IP address to show on the front panel as before,..it just says "#76 & www.dream800sim2.com" & some other stuff but no IP address is shown even though I hold in the button for over a min,..the box stays like this & does nothing until I power off/on again,..what could be the problem,....however I can get the ip address of the 800 from my router when the 800 boots up but as we know we can't flash using the browser when the box is booted,..

Try this on your computer:

open up command prompt
type in the following without quotes and press enter: "ping 192.168.x.255" where x is the same as your router's address in that place
type in "arp -a" and press enter
it will list IP addresses in your local network which you can then try in your browser to see which one is the DM

Try this on your computer:

open up command prompt
type in the following without quotes and press enter: "ping 192.168.x.255" where x is the same as your router's address in that place
type in "arp -a" and press enter
it will list IP addresses in your local network which you can then try in your browser to see which one is the DM
Do you mean to try the above whilst the 800 is in the idle state I mentioned in my post ?.....I can get the IP address of the 800 from my router status screen but that when the box has booted

or try doing a search with dcc it will list them but u could go in o your network setting in your dreambox to find out

Sounds like a bad flash and you have corupted your second stage loader you need to get dreamup patched you can find this on the net.
Also you need a serial cable
conect the serial cable to your box other end to pc
conect lan cable
unplug dm 800 so no power
startup dreamup patched double click on patch over dreamup
click on conect on dreamup
then plug in your box
wait and the box should start to load up in dreamup
once loaded
click on the flash button which should work now
you should now have an ip address on your box
select the image you want to flash