Kitchen death!

In the end I managed to get away with chopping some floor out and moving the incoming main over a tad.

image.jpg

Just inside the new base unit leaving enough room to squeeze the dishwasher in with about 5mm to spare!

image.jpg

Roll on tomorrow ;)

This is an interesting thread, i always enjoy these watch it being built type affairs , my only small issue is, could you please rotate some of the jpgs. I sometimes don't know what i'm looking at, or if I've had to many wobbly pops.

This is an interesting thread, i always enjoy these watch it being built type affairs , my only small issue is, could you please rotate some of the jpgs. I sometimes don't know what i'm looking at, or if I've had to many wobbly pops.

Giz a break M8, us old gits didn't know about iPad photo stuff lol

Not sure why they upload like that but if you click them to full screen they open normally.

Not sure why they upload like that but if you click them to full screen they open normally.

Well, to get techy for a bit, IOS knows what the orientation of the device is and supports that in the picture metadata. When you view the picture on a device that supports said metadata it automatically adjusts the orientation for you. In other words, you don't know the picture is upside-down until you see it on something that doesn't support that metadata parameter.

Why it's upside-down in a post on DW but not when you open it is a question for @Mick and the guys!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, to get techy for a bit, IOS knows what the orientation of the device is and supports that in the picture metadata. When you view the picture on a device that supports said metadata it automatically adjusts the orientation for you. In other words, you don't know the picture is upside-down until you see it on something that doesn't support that metadata parameter.

Why it's upside-down in a post on DW but not when you open it is a question for @Mick and the guys!

It might be to prevent injection attacks.

Just a guess :).

Not to get technical but it looks like it's just a forum nuance to keep all the thumbnails the same aspect ratio and look symmetrical. ;)

Good Lord no! The Shiraz was at room temperature and the quotes were binned - Howdens initial quote was good :)

Can I ask ball park from howdens, I was told Wren more often than not are better prices... I certainly can't afford 13k lol

Can I ask ball park from howdens, I was told Wren more often than not are better prices... I certainly can't afford 13k lol

Just under £8k including wine chiller, integrated fridge and dishwasher. Also included utility room units per pic below.

image.jpg

Washing machine not included!

The kitchen is next on our list, the only thing that bothers me is the routing of the worktops. Along with knocking a wall down.

The kitchen is next on our list, the only thing that bothers me is the routing of the worktops. Along with knocking a wall down.

Both require some care. I wouldn't tackle a wall removal unless 100% it was non-structural - even opening it up to reveal board and timbers isn't 100%.

As for routing the worktops it would probably be cheaper to get someone in given you would need a jig (£140 ish) and a decent router with a new bit. If you intend doing it yourself be aware of bit rotation - half the cuts are done face down while half are done face up to avoid tearing of the laminate.

I also have an account with howdens and know the fella that works in kentish town branch really well (went school with him).

I am putting together a kitchen after my holiday for the wife she has been on for nearly a year about a new kitchen.

Howdens is great, but they are expensive unless you know someone, the best thing about them is there carcuses come built, saves a day of making them up lol!!!

But I get between 60%-80% depending on the range and my mate is there!

Good stuff @Him Her , looking very nice mate

Last edited:
Some grief getting everything lined up but routing worktops ends up with absolutely square, no room for error! I've overcut the lengths so if I fook up a joint I can have another go. It's galley style so the worktop sides need to be absolutely parallel.

I'll jig and cut the worktops tomorrow but the latest pictures show we're getting there!

image.jpg

image.jpg

The bottle is Merlot, cut worktops covered in spare packing cardboard for protection!

Back