Android Tv Box Help and Advice

I’ve just bought a M8 from the same place, although the M8 box itself is very good, it does not respond to anything from the original remote control. Fortunately I bought an extra Remote Wireless Qwerty Keyboard as an extra, it is responding to that but I have to move my arm all over the place to get the mouse to move where I want it, Very frustrating and there is no way to turn the box off other than to pull the cord out.
I might go back and change it for a T8 tomorrow, if they have them in stock.

It must be faulty, but if you want to put it through it's paces before returning, you can adjust the airmouse pointer speed, settings/ other/ more settings/ language & input/ Mouse/Trackpad/ pointer speed.

Thanks mate, I’ll try that after the kids go to school, they won’t let me touch it at the moment.

It must be faulty, but if you want to put it through it's paces before returning, you can adjust the airmouse pointer speed, settings/ other/ more settings/ language & input/ Mouse/Trackpad/ pointer speed.
In Settings/ other/ there is no option for more settings, all there is: system update or android settings.
In android settings there is more settings which just says “portable hotspot vpn”

Guys before I spend I only have Bt broadband max 6.5mb no infinity in the village yet, ("oh the joys of living in the sticks") take I can expect alot of buffering or will it be OK, anyone here using a m8/t8 on normal broadband,? Whats it like for buffering?

Yes I’ve found it, put it on max much better but not wonderful. Thanks.

In Settings/ other/ there is no option for more settings, all there is: system update or android settings.
In android settings there is more settings which just says “portable hotspot vpn”

Hmmmm? :) what Android version do you have? Mine is 4.4.2

On the Android settings, do you have a language & input tab?

Guys before I spend I only have Bt broadband max 6.5mb no infinity in the village yet, ("oh the joys of living in the sticks") take I can expect alot of buffering or will it be OK, anyone here using a m8/t8 on normal broadband,? Whats it like for buffering?

I would think that would be ok? Whats your average download speed? How much is needed for streaming HD? I tend to watch just DVD qual (rather than 1080pHD/ Blue Ray) less chance of buffering. lol

I grew up on VHS/ Betamax, so SD works fine for me. All the youngsters who grew up on DVD won't accept anything other than HD. lol (i don't think my eyesight would really be able to appreciate 1080/720 over 480 :) and as for 4k, it would be wasted on me.

Android version 4.4.2
It’s in settings/ other/ android settings / language & input/ pointer speed.
As I said it is much better now that it’s on maximum, Thank you.
Any ideas about how to turn it off using the remote control?

Any ideas about how to turn it off using the remote control?

Not sure , sorry mate. I think the controllers are for multiple Android devices, so it may be a case of, it's not possible with certain boxes?

If you do keep it, or get another and are going to be using XBMC, PM me and i'll link you up with a neatly laid out skin/conf with all the reputable servers. :)

I get approx 6.5 mb download speed at various times, it varies depending on BT. I get buffering when watching streamed footie matches from the net.

The current buffering could be down to overloaded servers/ gateways rather than your connection speed? :)

Not sure , sorry mate. I think the controllers are for multiple Android devices, so it may be a case of, it's not possible with certain boxes?

If you do keep it, or get another and are going to be using XBMC, PM me and i'll link you up with a neatly laid out skin/conf with all the reputable servers. :)
That would be wonderful mate thank you. I’m going to pack it up now and going to see if I can change it to a t8. I was going to get that originally but they didn’t have one in stock

I took it back to the nice people, he listened to my story patiently, he said let’s have a look, took it behind a screen, 10-15 minutes later brought it out and said it’s all fixed now.

I said can I change it for a T8, he said the t8s are reserved for online only and that they don’t have any in stock for the shop, so I got my money back went home and ordered one online, with an extra £8.45 next day delivery before 1pm

We shall see if I get it tomorrow!

im gonna invest in a new quad core android box in the new year and replace my old mx box
ive found a good site where to get them cheepish (around 40 pound area)
i would put link up to benefit other members,but i dont know if its ok or not
if its ok by mods il put link up

PM please?

@dar1437 or anyone in the know.

Mate has one of these boxes How does he load Mobdro apk onto the box? He's asking me and I aint got a clue? From the box browser? usb? SDcard? what where do you go in settings or whatever to install?

Last edited by a moderator:

Mate has one of these boxes How does he load Mobdro apk onto the box? He's asking me and I aint got a clue? From the box browser? usb? SDcard? what where do you go in settings or whatever to install?

Either USB or SD for sure, possibly download it via the box browser?

Back