Vu+ solo2 SE, and scan for channels on 0.8W

humlan57

Inactive User
Reaction score
Is there anyone but me that have problem with channels on 0.8W?. My box can´t handle all channels, i.e RCS, UPS and MTV Networks Europe.It finds only about 400 channels, my other boxes find all the more then 900 channels and can handle them all without missing SNR..

Is there anyone but me that have problem with channels on 0.8W?. My box can´t handle all channels, i.e RCS, UPS and MTV Networks Europe.It finds only about 400 channels, my other boxes find all the more then 900 channels and can handle them all without missing SNR..

The scan relies on the satelite.xml with the image so try a recent one or a channel list with 0.8 included.

The scan relies on the satelite.xml with the image so try a recent one or a channel list with 0.8 included.
No it is not that problem, I have the latest Vhannibal settings/satellite.xml (26 Nov). My box is an Lonrisun with BSM7356 DVB-S2 NIM tuners.., all my other decoders have no problem to find or handle all channels.It looks like it regarding the RCS, UPS and MTV Network Europe, maybe others too.., this box find just about 400 channels if i do a manual scan, but it should be more then 900.If I try to lock on to a channel in Vhannibal settings, the box lose the signal, SNR goes down to zero..I think there is a driver-problem, I had similar problem before with other boxes/brands, so I'm pretty sure it is not a hardware-problem.

I have contact with the support/technicians but I haven't yet got any answer from them.., I think they have a hard time to understand my problem, and that I know there is nothing wrong with my other equipment :)

I assume you have tried another box on the same sat feed as the Lonrison one? (ie swapped box out rather than box in another room on a completely separate feed)

Hello it is not 900 channels on 0.8W I'm in Norway and it is a little over 500 television channels check lyngsat.com channel overview you can edit canal list from Lyngsat.com:Biggrin2:

Hello it is not 900 channels on 0.8W I'm in Norway and it is a little over 500 television channels check lyngsat.com channel overview you can edit canal list from Lyngsat.com:Biggrin2:
Tv channels yes, but I talking about all channels, radio and TV. And my Vu+ box can´t handle tv-channels from RCS, UPS and MTV Network Europe and maybe other providers too, haven´t checked that.. I can´t say if it all that channels that causes problem, but try to lock on to Cinemax and tell me the result..And I'm not a newbie to this, so i'm know what I'm talking about :)

I assume you have tried another box on the same sat feed as the Lonrison one? (ie swapped box out rather than box in another room on a completely separate feed)
Yes, I have several other boxes, i.e genuine Dreamboxes and a Sunray4, all of them works perfect, connected and configurated in the exact same way.., so there is not anything wrong in the signal-way, and I don´t use any cheap LNB, but a Invacom C120.The signal goes direct from the LNB, no switches or splitters in the signal-way, and I use a 150cm motor-dish.

If other boxes work fine on the exact same sat cable but the Lonrison doesn't and you have the same image (inc version) on both the Lonrison and another box that works then it maybe a weak/faulty tuner?

To rule out the image being at fault (ie you only use that image/version on the Lonrison; your other boxes have other images/version) then you could use an image/version as you have on another box

If other boxes work fine on the exact same sat cable but the Lonrison doesn't and you have the same image (inc version) on both the Lonrison and another box that works then it maybe a weak/faulty tuner?To rule out the image being at fault (ie you only use that image/version on the Lonrison; your other boxes have other images/version) then you could use an image/version as you have on another box
I have to know if other have the same problem with this Lonrisun boxes/tuners/channels before I can go further, but I think it is a driver/sofware problem for the tuners and not a (tuner) hardware problem..I have tried all kind of images, old as new ones, and also different drivers.., can't think of anything more I can try now.I'm in contact with the support, and if I can confirm if it's my box or all Lunrisun boxes that have this problem, it should be easier to know what to do next..If it's my box I will get a new one, otherwise the technicians must contact who it concern regarding the tuners, and alert them about this problem..

I have a Solo2 SE and can get a lock on the providers you mentioned, including Cinemax.
It would be easier if you specified exactly what transponders, frequencies you can not receive.

It is a lot of them e.g 0.8W DVB-S2 8PSK 12607 MHz V 26660 2/3, and 0.8W DVB-S QPSK 11938 MHz 28000 7/8, and 0.8W DVB-S QPSK 12723 MHz H 27500 3/4, all 3 is for Cinemax on 0.8WI did some research last night, and this problem regards all satpositions and I can´t see anything like a common denominator.., this fault appears on all sat-positions on the nothern hemisphere.It must be someyhing that totally block out the signal, because both SNR and AGC goes down to 0, like the tuner stops working.I appreciate your help, your answers will be helpful to me, when I talk to the support..

This is some debug., I hope anyone can tell me what´s wrong.., this debug says "incorrect transponder tuned" but i don´t know how to interpret that.., I use exactly the same settings from Vhannibal that I'm using in my other boxes, and they works OK.RotorCmd 07, lastRotorCmd 07prepare_sat System 0 Freq 11938000 Pol 0 SR 28000000 INV 2 FEC 5 orbpos 3592 system 0 modulation 1 pilot 2, rolloff 0tuning to 1338 mhzallocate Channel: res 0[eDVBCIInterfaces] addPMTHandler 1:0:1:77F5:2C3:600:E080000:0:0:0:allocate demux[SEC] set static current limitingnot enough diskspace for timeshift! (less than 1GB)[SEC] setVoltage 2[SEC] sleep 10msset sequence pos 3[SEC] update current switch params[SEC] startTuneTimeout 5000[SEC] setFrontend 1setting frontend 0(0)fe event: status 0, inversion off, m_tuning 1[SEC] sleep 500msKEY: 352 OK(0)fe event: status 7, inversion off, m_tuning 2[SEC] set dynamic current limiting(0)fe event: status 0, inversion off, m_tuning 3(0)fe event: status 7, inversion off, m_tuning 4OURSTATE: failed, retune(0)tuneRotorCmd 07, lastRotorCmd 07prepare_sat System 0 Freq 11938000 Pol 0 SR 28000000 INV 2 FEC 5 orbpos 3592 system 0 modulation 1 pilot 2, rolloff 0tuning to 1338 mhzOURSTATE: tuningtune failed.DVB service failed to tune - error 1RemovePopup, id = ZapErrorAddPopup, id = ZapErrorignore sdt update data.... incorrect transponder tuned!!![SEC] set static current limitingset sequence pos 3set sequence pos 3[SEC] update current switch params[SEC] startTuneTimeout 5000[SEC] setFrontend 1setting frontend 0(0)fe event: status 0, inversion off, m_tuning 1[SEC] sleep 500ms(0)fe event: status 7, inversion off, m_tuning 2[SEC] set dynamic current limitingKEY: 108 DOWN(0)fe event: status 0, inversion off, m_tuning 3(0)fe event: status 7, inversion off, m_tuning 4KEY: 108 DOWNaction -> InfobarChannelSelection switchChannelDownKEY: 108 DOWNKEY: 108 DOWN(0)fe event: status 0, inversion off, m_tuning 5(0)fe event: status 7, inversion off, m_tuning 6KEY: 352 OKaction -> OkCancelActions okplaying 1:0:1:3FF:2:1:E0831B3:0:0:0:not enough diskspace for timeshift! (less than 1GB)not enough diskspace for timeshift! (less than 1GB)start release channel timernot enough diskspace for timeshift! (less than 1GB)not enough diskspace for timeshift! (less than 1GB)not enough diskspace for timeshift! (less than 1GB)RemovePopup, id = ZapError[eDVBLocalTimerHandler] remove channel 0x242fe08[eEPGCache] remove channel 0x242fe08allocate channel.. 0002:0001(0)tuneRotorCmd 07, lastRotorCmd 07prepare_sat System 0 Freq 12723000 Pol 0 SR 27500000 INV 2 FEC 3 orbpos 3592 system 0 modulation 1 pilot 2, rolloff 0tuning to 2123 mhzallocate Channel: res 0[eDVBCIInterfaces] addPMTHandler 1:0:1:3FF:2:1:E0831B3:0:0:0:allocate demux[SEC] set static current limitingnot enough diskspace for timeshift! (less than 1GB)set sequence pos 3set sequence pos 3[SEC] update current switch params[SEC] startTuneTimeout 5000[SEC] setFrontend 1setting frontend 0(0)fe event: status 0, inversion off, m_tuning 1[SEC] sleep 500msKEY: 352 OK(0)fe event: status 7, inversion off, m_tuning 2[SEC] set dynamic current limiting(0)fe event: status 0, inversion off, m_tuning 3(0)fe event: status 7, inversion off, m_tuning 4OURSTATE: failed, retune(0)tuneRotorCmd 07, lastRotorCmd 07prepare_sat System 0 Freq 12723000 Pol 0 SR 27500000 INV 2 FEC 3 orbpos 3592 system 0 modulation 1 pilot 2, rolloff 0tuning to 2123 mhzOURSTATE: tuningtune failed.DVB service failed to tune - error 1RemovePopup, id = ZapErrorAddPopup, id = ZapErrorignore sdt update data.... incorrect transponder tuned!!![SEC] set static current limitingset sequence pos 3set sequence pos 3[SEC] update current switch params[SEC] startTuneTimeout 5000[SEC] setFrontend 1setting frontend 0(0)fe event: status 0, inversion off, m_tuning 1[SEC] sleep 500ms(0)fe event: status 7, inversion off, m_tuning 2[SEC] set dynamic current limitingKEY: 108 DOWNKEY: 108 DOWNaction -> InfobarChannelSelection switchChannelDownKEY: 108 DOWNKEY: 108 DOWNKEY: 352 OKaction -> OkCancelActions okplaying 1:0:1:BC7:AF3:BB:E080000:0:0:0:not enough diskspace for timeshift! (less than 1GB)not enough diskspace for timeshift! (less than 1GB)start release channel timernot enough diskspace for timeshift! (less than 1GB)not enough diskspace for timeshift! (less than 1GB)not enough diskspace for timeshift! (less than 1GB)RemovePopup, id = ZapError[eDVBLocalTimerHandler] remove channel 0x242fe08[eEPGCache] remove channel 0x242fe08allocate channel.. 0af3:00bb(0)tune

You should know you're running out of space as well according to that log.

Have you tried doing a manual scan of a specific transponder that doesn't work when doing full/automatic scan and do this manual scan on your lonrison box using a known good sat feed where one of your other boxes is working fine using the sat feed?

It is a lot of them e.g 0.8W DVB-S2 8PSK 12607 MHz V 26660 2/3, and 0.8W DVB-S QPSK 11938 MHz 28000 7/8, and 0.8W DVB-S QPSK 12723 MHz H 27500 3/4, all 3 is for Cinemax on 0.8WI did some research last night, and this problem regards all satpositions and I can´t see anything like a common denominator.., this fault appears on all sat-positions on the nothern hemisphere.It must be someyhing that totally block out the signal, because both SNR and AGC goes down to 0, like the tuner stops working.I appreciate your help, your answers will be helpful to me, when I talk to the support..

Had the same problem att signal disappeared with a cloud ibox but I swapped out the power supply 12 volts to a new one this cloud ibox works good now
have you tried a different power .
The tuner sends power to the LNB.
You might also put more power in software to LNB?.

I checked again. No problems with 12607, 11938, 12723.
But I have noticed on channels with very low signal or during heavy rain, it can take some extra time to get a lock.

Are you sure it's not the old problem with wrong settings 0.8, 1.0W? This should be easy to rule out with a manual search, fresh image and updated satellites.xml
Maybe the LO in your LNB is wandering a bit in frequency which the tuner in the SE can not handle, but your other boxes might?
Do you have a DECT phone or wireless devices close to the receiver?
First, try with a new power plug.

Had the same problem att signal disappeared with a cloud ibox but I swapped out the power supply 12 volts to a new one this cloud ibox works good nowhave you tried a different power .The tuner sends power to the LNB.You might also put more power in software to LNB?.
Yes, that is one of the first things I always do, because a bad power supply often is the cause of many strange problems/faults.

I checked again. No problems with 12607, 11938, 12723. But I have noticed on channels with very low signal or during heavy rain, it can take some extra time to get a lock. Are you sure it's not the old problem with wrong settings 0.8, 1.0W? This should be easy to rule out with a manual search, fresh image and updated satellites.xmlMaybe the LO in your LNB is wandering a bit in frequency which the tuner in the SE can not handle, but your other boxes might? Do you have a DECT phone or wireless devices close to the receiver? First, try with a new power plug.

No that's not an old problem, I have used this settings for a long time without any problems, and I update always with Vhannibal:s settings, because I know they will not cause me any problems.
Sometimes I do a manual scan, more or less just for fun or looking for news-feeds.., they are often a good idea to look at if something "big" happens around the world..
Yes, all my other boxes works perfect.., as I earlier have worked as a support and a seller for sat-equipment I have collected some boxes through the years :)
Of course I dont have all of then left, but enough to say for 100%, it is nothing wrong in the signal or in the signal-way when all of this boxes, old as new ones, have no problem to find and handle all channels.

The only thing that I can come up with, is that I am new to this box, and therefor have missed something in the configuration, but i haven't a clue what it can be..
Or it must be a hardware problem of some kind, that kind of a problem caused by a bad soldering..

I have also have looked for channels with weak signals, just to see if the tuner can lock on to them, and yes it can.., it locks and clear the picture even with 60% in signal strenght and with some bit fault, and i usally have 80-100% in SNR and not any bit fault on the channels I mostly look at.
I'm a stubborn old one, so if I can't solve this, I will buy onther box to have to compare with, I don't like to be defeated of a machine :-D

Last edited:
Back