ZT-180a android help

yottabit

DW Member ++
Reaction score
Hi there, i have a ZT-180a 10" android. Its started sticking and on the:

A N D R O I D _

when booting up, any ideas howto fix this?

I have tried pressing the reset button at the side but that turns it off and have also tried it whilst off with no luck.

I have lost the manual so can't look to see what to do.

Thanks guys,
Nick.

Hi mate ive been trying to find info for you on this tab on various sites but cant really find anything.However i did find a native english manuel for it for you.Hope this helps

View attachment 56194

Hi mate ive been trying to find info for you on this tab on various sites but cant really find anything.However i did find a native english manuel for it for you.Hope this helps

View attachment 56194

Hi mate, i did come across that the other day but it does not tell you how to do a reset properly. I have emailed the seller on ebay and am still waiting for a reply. Is it a faff on installing a new andoid OS? (not sure if thats how its done)

Cheers,
Nick

ive looked ona few forums and cant find any info on this tab specs yes but no way of resetting or watever bloody annoying.What excatly happens???llike does it turn on stick or does it turn on then go off??

sounds like its corrupt... tried doing a firmware update?

PC UPDATE VID HERE.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpsemsLgqLQ]YouTube - Installing Burntool[/ame]

SD CARD TUT HERE

Wiki:ZT-180 FAQ - Wiki

-------------

ORIG FORUM

A ZT-180 FAQ, How-to Videos, and link to the ZT-180 Wiki

SOUNDS LIKE A BAD FLASH TO ME... ID SAY A GOOD REFLASH SHOULD FIX IT AND THATS WITHOUT ME READING ANY THREADS ON THE LINKS I POSTED.

Once i have installed the android 2.1 the screen at the bottom looks like its missing pixels also the wireless is not working. any ideas?

Sorted the pixel problem, it was the f/w version had to match the resolution.

i installed:

android0926_1024x600

i noticed that they have a new version but cannot find the download link. Anyhow the screen is fine, its just the wifi. I am getting "unable to scan for networks" when i turn on the wifi and attempt to search.

Any ideas guys?

Cheers,
Nick

Glad you got it sorted mate obv wasnt looking at the right problem.But glad you got it up and running again.Sorry i didnt help

Glad you got it sorted mate obv wasnt looking at the right problem.But glad you got it up and running again.Sorry i didnt help

Thanks for taking the time matey, just got to sort this wifi out and then the mrs is happy!

glad its ok,

cant help with the wifi issue but if you go to one of them links i posted there is a forum section for those.

ive never even seen one of yours before, but i suspected what the problem was just by the way you described what it was doing.

bet if you read the FAQ link in my post you'll sort the wifi, could be as easy as you've not got it turned on in a certain setting.

search here, might need a sign up but it seems to be the best place on the net for your andriod tablet.

***.slatedroid.com/index.php?board=96.0

Hi mate, thanks for that. I am just using the ethernet at the moment. I cannot get marketplace to work its asking for ID. apparently i can generate the id using an 1.6 emulator, any ideas?

or is there somewhere i can download apps on my pc, so i can put on my sd card and place the sd card into the adroid and install from there.

Cheers,
Nick

Last edited:
what is this tablet like?

Overall i thought it was good for the price. Looks like people including myself have been having wifi problems and having to open it up to make sure its still soldered properly / or having to replace the wireless module which is slightly worrying. Its strange how the wireless is not working now when it was working perfect before until the android 2.1 crashed and i had to reflash. I read that it could be something to do with the f/w you flash with it, but i have tried all different ones with the same prob.

The mrs enjoys it for her reading, so shes not fussed on the wireless not working. You do get an ethernet adapter so you can fall back on that.

Not a bad tablet overall though!

Back