zip files on android

johnny bravo

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hi guys - instead of digging out my laptop and transferring files to and fro from my vu+duo. i thoight id use my htc one x android phone..ive got a file explorer and a ftp program on my htc one x..i can access my vu+duo...but how do download and extract a .rar file or a zip file....they download as .php on the phone...for example ive downloaded the black picons from mmcmedia post..its a complete package Complete Set 28.03.rar...but i cant extract it on my phone to send the files over to the vu+duo...i have Easy Unrar Lite installed on my htc..any ideas ?...cheers

I use ES Explorer m8 it can extract,ftp the lot :)

nice...works a treat , had to go over to my kids house yesterday to upgrade the rats plugin, he didnt know how to so...took all the stuff over on my htc phone and done it over his wifi...great.! now..how can i connect and control his vu+duo/network with out leaving the comfort of my arm chair ?..lol

Unzipping files on your phone isnt really recommended as it will quickkly fill the memory and zap the battery. If you can unzip on a PC and transfer it will work better, generally speaking.

Unzipping files on your phone isnt really recommended as it will quickkly fill the memory and zap the battery. If you can unzip on a PC and transfer it will work better, generally speaking.

Not if your smart and use your SD card and not the phone memory,not to mention most phones nowadays have a minimum of 8GB phone memory anyway :)

yes i use my htc one x plus has 64GB memory...plenty of memory...working great lol...got more or less everything on there to flashing new image to vu box , also cams, rats plugin..etc..saves me carrying my laptop around lol..

yes i use my htc one x plus has 64GB memory...plenty of memory...working great lol...got more or less everything on there to flashing new image to vu box , also cams, rats plugin..etc..saves me carrying my laptop around lol..

Hi mate, would want to know how one could possibly flash an image to vu+ via a smart phone (Android) without the usual flash drive in the front panel.
What other apps do you recommend for every now and then activity between the box and android phone?
Thanks.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Back