Zgemma?

HibbyDave

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Guys totally out the what's the best cheapest box thungy, what would you recommend with wifi (my tv is about 18ft from the modem) not that bothered about 1 or 2 tuners, and possibly where to get it. :Cheers:

None of the zgemma range have wifi biut in you would have to add it with a cheap dongle.

For Instance a EDUP EP-N8537 around £6 and the Zgemma H.S around £65

Thanks Ferret, are the zgemmas on ebay all the same? don't want to buy an older model lol.

cheers

Last edited:
The HS is the latest single sat tuner model the H2S is the dual sat tuner model both are dual core cpu medels.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's the zgemma HS ordered too, going to read up on them over the next few days, ages since I done anything with a new box lol, so stand by your beds just in case. :Laugh:

Thanks ferret and naps.

how do you set these up @Napster i've alway went down the old fashioned route of drill, cables, staples and the odd throbbing thumb...

they look far less stressfull to instal.. :)
@buzzer

very simple just like connecting your mobile or laptop to your wifi network, go into network on your box scan to find your wifi network click on it and enter wifi details then save and exit, and away you go make sure you select the wifi as default network or box will look at hard wired first :) yellow button sets default on most images.

Last edited by a moderator:
Trying to load a new image on this box, doing my head in, tried 6 usb's and low formatted them with rufus to and still this box wont see them, why oh why is it so difficult?....:bangshead:

is there any plugins that you can download with the drivers to support any usb?

Aye mate, followed ferrets tut, I think it's the usb's it's not seeing but feck me they should tell you what makes these boxes will recognise lol.

Youve tried so many usb though.

Is the box working at this moment just not taking images.

My usb sticks are Kingston and Sandisk at the mo they work.

Youve tried so many usb though.

Is the box working at this moment just not taking images.

My usb sticks are Kingston and Sandisk at the mo they work.

Yes working fine mate, it came with openatv 5.1 I was wanting to try the vix image you uploaded a few weeks ago but the box for some reason it doesn't see the usb?.. I have a brand new sandisk 4gb and formatted it with windows and rufus but nothing.

Windows format..i use sandisk cruzer blade and dont have a problem with them

Get hard drive much better. Around £25 and more stable. Then format it to EXT4. Set you EPG to download to HDD

Back