Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Zgemma H2.S v Openbox v8s

chopaxepiece

Inactive User
Hey guys,

Ive had my v8s box for a while now and its served me well. Other than the xmbtv guide being an hour out of sync, to which i dont think theres a fix, it also occasionally freezes but i can live with it.

However i was offered a zGemma box last week for £60 and done a bit of googling about them but couldnt make my mind up.
Can anyone shed any light on the subject in terms of which is the better box and for what reason?
I dont really record programs so thats not a major factor for me.
Ive heard they can be a nightmare to set up as well?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Karl

Hey guys,

Ive had my v8s box for a while now and its served me well. Other than the xmbtv guide being an hour out of sync, to which i dont think theres a fix, it also occasionally freezes but i can live with it.

However i was offered a zGemma box last week for £60 and done a bit of googling about them but couldnt make my mind up.
Can anyone shed any light on the subject in terms of which is the better box and for what reason?

Regards
Karl

There is a lot more to setting the Zgeema up but its a good box solid if you have the time to learn how to setup an enigma 2 box.

Youll get all the help you need on here

There is a lot more to setting the Zgeema up but its a good box solid if you have the time to learn how to setup an enigma 2 box.

Youll get all the help you need on here

Yea, I was looking at how to add an N-Line and its not as straight forward as my v8s box.

I was hoping for a better style/format in programme guide etc, more like the one sky have or most freeview TVs.
Thing is i don't know how to tell if the box is a clone or not either, other than the guy telling me they are originals

Yea, I was looking at how to add an N-Line and its not as straight forward as my v8s box.

I was hoping for a better style/format in programme guide etc, more like the one sky have or most freeview TVs.
Thing is i don't know how to tell if the box is a clone or not either, other than the guy telling me they are originals

EPG is better for sure and your can run sky style skin.

To add a line you need to ftp into usr/keys find the newcamd.list and enter your line obviously mgcamd needs to be installed.

Ive heard they can be a nightmare to set up as well

In my opinion, the Zgemma is way superior to the Openbox.
Whilst they do indeed pick up and display the exact same channels - the fact that the Zgemma can be set up to have an $ky HD type menu, with a full 7 day guide - makes this overall a much nicer and easier box to use.

Setting it up with an HD type menu like 'Whooshbuild' or similar isn't difficult at all - you really just need to make sure that you properly format your USB drive before flashing.
For the price - I personally love using the Zgemma H.2S!

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Stevie.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry... meant to say - if you have an Android phone, you can easily connect to the Zgemma using 'ES File Explorer' and update the cccam or mgcam files without needing a program like 'Dreambox Control Centre' :)

Hey guys,

Regards
Karl

i would compare a openbox v8s to a zgemma like using a bike or a car - the openbox being the bike, does it job with basic functionality - as I say to people if you want a simple easy cheap box get a v8s but if you want more features like addons, etc then get a Zgemma or other Enigma 2 boxs

Back