Zeta Cam Fun Flash Help?

Harry_hamster69

Inactive User
Reaction score
HI,
sorry to delurk... Have read a lot on here and was bumbling along fine but have a Zeta i wanted to change to a more useful firmware, so programmed a funcard 5 with software, and inserted in to my philips tv. I turn on the CI interface and it came up with the message about updating, which i accept, it then said restart CI which i did, and now it comes up with a screen about module downloading... but it has been there for an hour? is this normal or am i missing something? Have looked around but no one gives a time, on some foreign websites it says 10mins but i am not sure if this is a timeframe or not. Any advice would be good!

Further to add. I have since come out of the update via the "exit" option as the "ok" did nothing, (still no update complete message) and when i go back into the CI interface menu, it now has the CI listed as "module" when previously it was a "blue zeta" but it then askes for "smartcard one" to be re-inserted.
Help!!!

have you programmed the fun5 with the new firmware you want to put on the cam.and if so what are you changing it to?when i changed mine it only took a couple of mins

Last edited:
Hi, thanks for the reply
yes, i have put the loader and the new zeta firmware on a fun 5. I will reload both, but when i put the cam in now it no longer comes up with blue zeta, now "module" and askes for smartcard one. It was the zeta with the cut tracks default firmware... is it 29ax? or something like that!

thanks but i don't see an answer really there. Think i will try re-programming the funcard just incase. I am not sure what the deal was on IRD? the zeta only had options for x-free and shl.

thanks but i don't see an answer really there. Think i will try re-programming the funcard just incase. I am not sure what the deal was on IRD? the zeta only had options for x-free and shl.

let it do it's thing, i walked away from it watched a footy match, went back to it and it was done

but it didn't work more than 30secs then picture froze....the only way i've had them working is by changing the cam to a joker with the 0.79 firmware, but u can't do this by the card method, and the tracks would need to be repaired and then use a cas interface

cheers

Last edited:
Cheers,
well am on lookout for a cas 3... did get hold of one only for some dear person to "accidently" break it... so on the hunt for one on the cheap!

Bugger! Removed card and it kept saying insert smartcard 1. I checked the funcard and the hex file for the update image was only 80kb, redownloaded one and found an image with 180kb, so reprogrammed card but it still asks for the smartcard one?!? Am i screwed without a cas?

Bugger! Removed card and it kept saying insert smartcard 1. I checked the funcard and the hex file for the update image was only 80kb, redownloaded one and found an image with 180kb, so reprogrammed card but it still asks for the smartcard one?!? Am i screwed without a cas?

did u erase the card b4 reflashing....try erasing twice make sure programmer is set on fun5,,,,prussiancard3

hi, yes did erase the thing, did two sep cards but neither are accepted! will have to CAS it won't i:(

Back