Zanussi ZWF 1632 W

Abu Baniaz

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Can someone assist with obtaining the error code from my washing machine. It is a Zanussi ZWF 1632 W. There are lots of descriptions on what the error codes could mean, but I can't seem to find a way to obtain these codes. I have switched on whilst depressing the Start/Pause and Skip buttons. The LEDs start sequencing. One guide said to press the Temp button, but this does nothing. I am attaching a picture of the controls.

The fault...

With clothing:
Takes water, stays on the washing stage. Does not progress further. You can select drain and the water is ejected. Motor does not turn.

Empty run.
Takes water, progresses to the rinsing stage. Motor does not turn as fast as normal. It stays on the rinsing stage.

Filter and waste pipes have been checked, no obstruction.

Attachments

• Zanussi ZWF 1632 W.jpg
    Zanussi ZWF 1632 W.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 2
I'm sure you have already come across this one m8,but just incase

Hiya,
Switch the appliance on and let it initialise.

Once initialised press and hold the start/pause and skip/reset buttons together.
The leds will initially go out then an error code will be given.

If you have a numerical display, just read the code.
If not, the end light and the start light will be flashing.

Count the flashes between pauses from the end light and then from the start light.

if the motor doesn't turn at all then i would probably suspect new brushes required.

Drum turns at the wash stage. There is arcing where the brushes are so you are riight, they need changing. However, I don't want to change them if that does not fix the bigger problem.

The brushes could still be humped and let the drum turn at low speeds. Different story when it tries to spin.

Many thanks for the suggestions/comments. I ended up buying a new machine. I could not get the brushes off, they needed deep 4mm sockets to remove them. Even a spanner would not fit owing to the surroundings.

Can't complain. I had more than 7 years of trouble free usage from it.

Back