Your OS of choice?

What is your OS of choice?

• Total voters
Given that all of us are now facing a choice - Vista or hang onto XP for a few more years, why not switch to Linux and go up that particular learning curve instead ?
I agree. IMO wobbly's post was on the money. Currently my box is running XP in a transitional phase, soon to be dual-booting with Linux Fedora Core. My plan is to wean off Windows OS's and eventually phase it out to use Linux or a BSD exclusively. What keeps me anchored to Windows is a lot of the software I've accmulated over time that only runs on Windows, but I'm learning to use alternatives to non-propritary applications, i.e. GNU Linux and FOSS/FLOSS.
I've used FreeBSD, RedHat Linux, Mandrake, PCLinux, Linspire, and liked them all. Next go around I'm planning on using Fedora and trying Ubuntu as well. I'd also like to delve into Slackware and maybe Linux From Scratch once I feel a little more comfortable with the command line interface (CLI).

Last edited:
Ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon.

Ubuntu is exactly what a Linux Distro should be. Easy to use, light weight, fast, secure and powerful when need be...did I mention entirely Free?

Got Windows on Win4Lin but only to run ImgBurn.

for me its Mac OSX I made the switch 4 years ago couldnt be happier , i still use windows and linux time to time like once a month lol, on windows my choice would be xp, vista seems so bloated, sluggish and dialogs popping everytime you click on something annoying as hell, on linux my choice is first ubuntu cos its user friendly and you can setup and run in no time second choice is gentoo cos you can customize to your needs and build from scratch for snappier system

Back