Your digital smartbox is being updated?

pawcook

Inactive User
Reaction score
Mate brought his box round and it had somehow been reset, so i set the freq and net id, it then works fine but after about 5 mins the message 'Your digital smartbox is being updated' appears it stays like that forever the only way out is to reset again.
Almost like talkback is re enabled or somthing. It does this even if you leave the card out and leave it on BBC1. Any ideas? Thanks guy's.

Its normal for a box which has NetId etc reset to attempt a firmware update. You should probably let it complete the task which can take 10-15 mins.

If its taking longer than that then there is a possibility your box is going into an update loop - probably because its not a box meant for the network you are running it on (ie C&W box in a TW area).

To remedy the update loop often requires a box reflash with the correct firmware.

Last edited:
Looks like it is in a loop, been updating for about 6 hours now, this box has been working for at least 8 months in the same area, nothing has changed as far as i know. Is is possible to update the firmware yourself?

I can answer my own question now. 1st off i found out the box was off line for quite a while since the card went down last, so prob missed a firmware update (not sure about that bit) anyway left it on all night still showing updating this morning, rebooted, it did another short update and now all is ok :)
Thanks nozzer.

Back