You Got Freeview HD ?

Rat

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone bought this yet ?
I know its only just come out and is still expensive but just wondered who's took the plunge

waiting for things to develope on the cable front before i decide where to go next as i get most of my tv/movie files from torrents in h264 hd and play them back with my new medion media player now instead of the lappy

edogg

I don't really want to buy another box to sit under the TV, I'd rather wait for a bit and get a TV with Freeview HD/DVB-T2 built-in.

They do make Tv's with HD tuners for freeview in them,the only ones that do are Sony

They do make Tv's with HD tuners for freeview in them,the only ones that do are Sony

'well' i was just gonna start a thread about that. in my manual for my ssmsung tv it says it has hd tuner ??? iv just been looking thou the dam book & cant find it ........!

'well' i was just gonna start a thread about that. in my manual for my ssmsung tv it says it has hd tuner ??? iv just been looking thou the dam book & cant find it ........!

It may have a DVB-T HD tuner for MPEG4 channels as used in some countries but it won't pick up the DVB-T2 signals that Freeview HD will use in the UK. The only consumer device that you can buy at the moment that works in the UK is the Humax HD-FOX T2 set top box.

im not sure m8 will u take a look 4 me .ty .""The TV features a built in Freeview|HD tuner and within a few minutes of plugging in a UHF aerial I had automatically tuned in all of the Freeview|HD digital channels and was happily watching TV. Like all Freeview certified products this TV has MHEG5 support and offers a full 8 day onscreen EPG allowing you to see all shows screening on all channels in the week ahead.""

Samsung Series 7000 LED TV review

so will it work over .here & if not why has it a hd tuner ???

Most decent new TVs made in the last year or so have an MPEG4 HD tuner for DVB-T broadcasts these days and it works in various countries that have HD via their aerial (eg France) but, and this is a big but, Freeview HD in the UK will be using a band new, never used before TV standard called DVB-T2. The standard wasn't even formally certified until late last year. So manufacturers have only just been able to start making receivers that can pick up this new standard.

The world's first commercial box available to buy in the shops is the Humax HD-FOX T2 and other manufactures are expected to follow with soon but it takes time to develop and design brand new products and as we are the only country in the world to have a live DVB-T2 system up and running (and even that is only in London and the North West at the moment) there isn't a huge market out there just yet.

Other countries have expressed an interest in DVB-T2, like Finland is planning an HD service later in the year using it.

That review is from New Zealand!

Yes, rather confusingly, New Zealand also called their free digital TV (both via satellite and terrestrial) "Freeview" and have also launched "Freeview HD" but this is using the old DVB-T standard, and so is not compatible what we are using here in the UK for HD.

there is a whole range to be released :)

Plasma Televisions

Panasonic TX-P42G20B
Panasonic TX-P42V20B
Panasonic TX-P46G20B
Panasonic TX-P50G20B
Panasonic TX-P50V20B
Panasonic TX-P50VT20B
Panasonic TX-P65VT20B

LCD Televisions

Panasonic TX-L32G20B
Panasonic TX-L32D28BP
Panasonic TX-L32D28BW