Yorkshire Terriers

You were right to defend the kid, but can't help but think kicking a 1 ft dog in the face was more than what would have been required. Surely a more appropriate reaction would be to pick the dog up or to pick the child up out of harms way and then read the riot act to your neighbours about controlling their pet (it's not as if you were dealing with a rotweiller here).

Can't help but notice that you seem to have taken great delight out of your actions, can't believe I'm the only one that thinks that's not on. I know that if you'd kicked either of my dogs in the face when it wasn't necessary then it would have been more than the dog missing a few teeth.

You were right to defend the kid, but can't help but think kicking a 1 ft dog in the face was more than what would have been required. Surely a more appropriate reaction would be to pick the dog up or to pick the child up out of harms way and then read the riot act to your neighbours about controlling their pet (it's not as if you were dealing with a rotweiller here).

Can't help but notice that you seem to have taken great delight out of your actions, can't believe I'm the only one that thinks that's not on. I know that if you'd kicked either of my dogs in the face when it wasn't necessary then it would have been more than the dog missing a few teeth.

A think a quite clearly stated that i am a dog lover and that it was a natural reaction to defend ma nephew.
If i have poked fun it was to the owners and not so much the dog although a do think that particular dog is a pain in the arse.

You were not there so you have no idea what you are on about,, it was running full tilt at ma nephew who was playing and i intercepted it the quickest way possible which was to kick it.
So you would let a dog go for your kids then?
Getta fookin grip.

It was very necessary and spare me the keyboard warrior shite mate am 6ft and 17stone so stop by anytime for a teeth kickin competition..

You'll notice I said that if I thought it wasn't necessary then would be very aggrieved.

As a 17 stone bloke, I can believe the only way you could control the situation was by drop kicking the animal, though you're right I wasn't there. But judging by the rest of your comments I do stand by the fact that you seem to be proud of the outcome, not something I would be so proud of, in fact i'd be feeling like shit even if it was necessary.

I don't care if you are 17 or 30 stone, if you attacked one of my dogs then you'd be in trouble (not a keyboard warrior, not threatening you, just explaining what my reaction would have been). However if I thought that my animals were even remotely a threat then I would be considering having them put down and would have no complaints.

You'll notice I said that if I thought it wasn't necessary then would be very aggrieved.

As a 17 stone bloke, I can believe the only way you could control the situation was by drop kicking the animal, though you're right I wasn't there. But judging by the rest of your comments I do stand by the fact that you seem to be proud of the outcome, not something I would be so proud of, in fact i'd be feeling like shit even if it was necessary.

I don't care if you are 17 or 30 stone, if you attacked one of my dogs then you'd be in trouble (not a keyboard warrior, not threatening you, just explaining what my reaction would have been). However if I thought that my animals were even remotely a threat then I would be considering having them put down and would have no complaints.

My nephew was at the front of the garden nearest the road and i was at the back facing my house.
The dog came bounding across the opposite side of the road heading straight for my nephew.
I had to cover the full length of the garden and even when it saw me coming towards it, it still headed straight for him.
I kicked it without a second thought and if i was in the same position a would do exactly the same thing.

A was damn proud of the outcome as ma nephew didnt get bit and frankly a don't feel guilty at all for kicking the dog.

A had a dog for 17 years and if it acted like that a would shoot it.
The owners attitude was shite and thats why a mocked them with some humour if it came across smug then a apologise but a have no problem with the action that i took....

My nephew was at the front of the garden nearest the road and i was at the back facing my house.
The dog came bounding across the opposite side of the road heading straight for my nephew.
I had to cover the full length of the garden and even when it saw me coming towards it, it still headed straight for him.
I kicked it without a second thought and if i was in the same position a would do exactly the same thing.

A was damn proud of the outcome as ma nephew didnt get bit and frankly a don't feel guilty at all for kicking the dog.

A had a dog for 17 years and if it acted like that a would shoot it.
The owners attitude was shite and thats why a mocked them with some humour if it came across smug then a apologise but a have no problem with the action that i took....

I can't fault you then buddy.

To be honest, it's not the dogs fault, it's the owners.

End of the day the dog may have been running full tilt towards your child so would have been knocked over anyway but how do you know it was running to savage as opposed to running to fuss ? I mean I don't blame you saying that because you didn't know the dog and you shit a brick when you saw it running at your child I think many would have done something like what you did.

But my point is that dogs howling, barking, being allowed to roam or escaping etc bugging the neighbours is downright inconsiderate of the owners because the dog is barking and howling for a reason. Yet they leave it outside unattended....

Some people just should not have dogs because they do not have the temperament to look after it and raise it well, end of story. Same with kids too. Those types of people that cause trouble and cannot look after themselves properly should tell you something....guaranteed they'll be in charge of someone or something's welfare and they'll be doing a piss poor job because they can't get themselves straight and it's unfair to that persons or that animal.

End of the day, both pets and children should be in good homes being raised by good carers. Unfortunately thanks to the welfare system certain mindsets it doesn't work like that.

End of the day the dog may have been running full tilt towards your child so would have been knocked over anyway but how do you know it was running to savage as opposed to running to fuss ? I mean I don't blame you saying that because you didn't know the dog and you shit a brick when you saw it running at your child I think many would have done something like what you did.

But my point is that dogs howling, barking, being allowed to roam or escaping etc bugging the neighbours is downright inconsiderate of the owners because the dog is barking and howling for a reason. Yet they leave it outside unattended....

Some people just should not have dogs because they do not have the temperament to look after it and raise it well, end of story. Same with kids too. Those types of people that cause trouble and cannot look after themselves properly should tell you something....guaranteed they'll be in charge of someone or something's welfare and they'll be doing a piss poor job because they can't get themselves straight and it's unfair to that persons or that animal.

End of the day, both pets and children should be in good homes being raised by good carers. Unfortunately thanks to the welfare system certain mindsets it doesn't work like that.

:Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap:well said m8

I agree and a blame the owner 100%.
I had seen the dog a couple of days before it went for ma nephew when it was showing its teeth to another neighbour so knew it was a vicious little shit and having had a dog i know the difference from a dog running for attention as supposed to attacking..

Like many other good dog owners i am disgusted at the attitude of bad ones who let their dogs rule the house and find it acceptable that their dog shows it teeth at people and drags them all over the place whilst walking.
A only had to shout one word commands to my dog when he was young and when he got older i hardly had to shout commands at all.
A well trained dog is a brilliant pal to have and a poor trained dog is a liability..

A well trained dog is a brilliant pal to have and a poor trained dog is a liability..

100% m8, though how true is that of people too ? It's all about how you're raised and taught not to mention what you are and are not allowed to get away with in regards to what you should and shouldn't be doing. As you say it's true of pets, but it's also true of people. It's all about the upbringing and the tutoring of what is and is not acceptable behavior, sadly some people are just not cut out for it - though I'm sure they do their best based on who they are from how they were brought up in their environment though I might be dead wrong because some people are plain evil and you cannot legislate for those 'people'.

Back