ylod :(

tccat1

Inactive User
Reaction score
hello peeps im just wondering how many peeps have had the dreaded ylod as pals has just gone im sure he said son y wanted £150 jokers .its a 60 gig one .ive watched a vid on how to fix it im thinking of doing it for him unless can find somewhere to do it for cheaper.if any one has repaired theres please can you let me know how easy it is to do and what heat gun to use the one in the vid has a temp read out .also how long will it go for after the fix ?

cheers peeps :)

hello peeps im just wondering how many peeps have had the dreaded ylod as pals has just gone im sure he said son y wanted £150 jokers .its a 60 gig one .ive watched a vid on how to fix it im thinking of doing it for him unless can find somewhere to do it for cheaper.if any one has repaired theres please can you let me know how easy it is to do and what heat gun to use the one in the vid has a temp read out .also how long will it go for after the fix ?

cheers peeps :)

I've done a shitload of them, almost all of them failed again within a few weeks :(

It's very easy to do.

I've done a shitload of them, almost all of them failed again within a few weeks :(

It's very easy to do.
thx peeps so witchy is this the same if i sent it off to them in the other reply it might fail again within weeks ? also what paste did you use is was thinking of going with artic one what heat gun did you use mate cheers

I use Artic Silver 5 mate.

I've got no idea what proceedure a shop would use mate, but I reckon the only way to get it fixed 100% is by returning it to Sony.

Had this happen to me the other day, £145 to replace it from Sony, thieving bastards have my balls in a vice. I see they have stopped the continuous play scheme due to people taking advantage of it.

think i may get rid of my 60gb and go for a 80gb or 160gb.... With 60gb's it seems just a matter of time before the ylod strikes... No way am i gona shell out £145 for replacement....

Had this happen to me the other day, £145 to replace it from Sony, thieving bastards have my balls in a vice. I see they have stopped the continuous play scheme due to people taking advantage of it.

According to Wikipedia, (PlayStation 3 hardware - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia), the 60 gig was built on a different chipset that uses a lot more power.

From reading around it seems a fairly common problem with this model. How old is it? If its inside 24 months I'd really have a go at quoting the sales of goods act and saying that the product was not fit for purpose, (you would expect a 300 quid piece of kit to last a lot longer than 12 months).

Back