ylod

stemc

Inactive User
Reaction score
My son has a 60 gig ps3 with this ylod thing, sony want £145 to exchange it for a refurbed one as its 3 months out of warranty.
he decided he can put it on ebay an get 150 as it is and then i can put the extra to it to buy a new one. lose lose for me like.
anyway the question is can we format the hard drive on it before he sells it?

Ste

why dont you sign upto continuous play, its what i did, for a fiver a month they'll replace your console on your doorstep for free, you can cancel with ten days notice i believe aswell :)

as for the hdd, i dont think you'll be able to format it if the console is screwed, unless u can plug it into a friends ps3 maybe? or even format it on a pc??

why dont you sign upto continuous play

dont think i can cos ive actually got as far as them taking all the details from the ps3 before getting the price and saying forget it. we actually thought about taking it to his friends but apparantly it wants to format as soon as a new drive is put in, which means when his mate puts his back in it'll format that too

why dont you sign upto continuous play

dont think i can cos ive actually got as far as them taking all the details from the ps3 before getting the price and saying forget it. we actually thought about taking it to his friends but apparantly it wants to format as soon as a new drive is put in, which means when his mate puts his back in it'll format that too

i did what jamesyboyjim said and signed up to continuous play a few weeks ago and they exchanged my 60gb for a refurb

if you want to format the drive try pluging it in to a external caddy like a icy box and formating it like that or into a ps3 and format

but you should defiantly try continuous play its worth a shot for £5

take the hard drive out and either put in to your pc and take what u want off it or just try sending it off without the drive even deaviate your account

take the hard drive out and either put in to your pc and take what u want off it or just try sending it off without the drive even deaviate your account

u cant get a pc to recognise a ps3 drive to take what u want off it. the drive is unreadable under windows.

best thing to do is give continuous play a shot. its worth a fiver, but from what i hear u cant use continuos play if u gave the serial number of the ps3 on the phone. but i would give it ago anyway.

as for formatting the drive, do it in the ps3 itself. it has a built in format utility that will reset it to factory settings.

I'll sign up for continuous play, doubt it'll work but i'll never find out unless i try, i'll let you kow what happens

as for formatting the drive, do it in the ps3 itself. it has a built in format utility that will reset it to factory settings.[/QUOTE]

Thats the problem, the machine is broke and i can't access anything on it

as for formatting the drive, do it in the ps3 itself. it has a built in format utility that will reset it to factory settings.

Thats the problem, the machine is broke and i can't access anything on it[/QUOTE]

the only other way would be in another ps3 and format. although sony took mine(continuous play) and the drive was not formatted as i couldnt access it either.

Back