ylod guide

Mark_The_Yid

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Seen all sorts of alleged fixes for ylod on you tube but I wanna have a go at one with a chance of it lasting. Can someone point me to a tutorial of making a decent go at it

Seen all sorts of alleged fixes for ylod on you tube but I wanna have a go at one with a chance of it lasting. Can someone point me to a tutorial of making a decent go at it

attached is gilksy`s Ylod fix [PDF Guide]also his youtube tut HERe there are 6 parts to the video tut ive followed this guide and it worked

Thanks m80. How reliable is it? I read somewhere that heat gun method would only last a week or so.

That guide is really good if done properly. Much better solution that the xbox fixes

Would a hot air rework station be sufficient for the heat do you think?

i followed the guide worked after for 3 months , which enabled me to back up the hd , so even though there`s lots involved it a great tut , i just used the heat gun i had good old BLACK N DECKER

mine worked for about 4 weeks, then it broke and did it again and lasted 4 weeks. i would say fix it back it up and trade it into game or something like that

sort of getting the idea now. Whatever I do will be temporary. Trade in is prob best bet then.

cheers guys

if you follow the tut slowly & make sure you do wait at least 30 mins for the chips etc to cool down & not put too much thermal paste on then it should last anything upto around 12 months. I have used this method loads of times, my own ps3 fat had ylod and has been working great for about 6 months now.

One thing to watch is if you are buying them from ebay to fix you should try and get ones that still have the security sticker intact. this way you know for deff that no one else has had a go and totlly stufffed it up.

cheers

Steve.....

Back