yeah baby two modems on ten meg??? one odd thing

name750

Inactive User
Reaction score
Got one for my pc and one for the laptop.
The subed is just sitting on the shelf.
If you know who ever make it impossible to clone modms one day I will have some serious cold turkey from lack of speed.
I don't think i could bring myself to fork out the extra.
The odd thing at the moment is the mac i just put on my sb5100e. I can't access the 192 web page. I tried this mac address before and i got an unreg from it,but i used to have it on an ambit before the speed upgrades??
Just wanted to see if the config was ok.
Not bothered in the slightest as a speed test gave it 99% of ten meg.
Can have one pc for downloading at top speed and surf without any hangups.

I was even thinking you could have a couple of modem in the boot of the car.
One I modem and one E.
Stick fiberware on them and have a little surf at top speed when you go around your Aunt Bessies (ooh lovely yorkshire puddings!).

Last edited:
Hehe, sounds all good to me, i had 3ambit 200's on 10mb, but they all got hit by something, nothing in hyperT, just a power light :( oh well, got a 250now and some SB's

i had a similar problem where i could'nt access the 192 page, but just ran network wizard in xp and all is now ok.

cheers.
Probably sort it self outafter a restart but dont want to stop the download.
still haven't got them newsgroups sussed but at least if i really want to get one torrnt quick i can have a single one downloading on the laptop and leave the queded up ones on the pc.
still only getting just over 100kbs with a torrent though.
only 100kbs!!!
A few months back i would have thought i had died and gone to heaven!!!
never happy!

My SB5100E does that, although it fooks up altogether and needs re-flashing when it does that :Chainsaw:

What torrent client are you using for that 100kb as Azureus is only giving me 50-60!

Try using utorrent
Same features and less CPU usage
But although I have to give 100KB Up to get 100KB down

Warfare said:
Try using utorrent
Same features and less CPU usage
But although I have to give 100KB Up to get 100KB down

Will give it a try.

:Cheers:

wanyib are still using that stupid sigma!!
That would drive me mde keep flashing every other day.
I got a few sb4*** and have started messing with them,and of course i'm using the blackcat to flash it.
I'm put on some fiberware last night before i went to bed and let the blackcat do it's stuff see what happens the next morning and the modems leds were going a bit crazy. I thought it looked bad but when i came down this morning got the one solid anf the next flashing.
When i rebooted it and plugged it in it still had the original frimware!!!!
and yet it was telling me it had written ok.
I think i'll set it going before work and thats it last time before i get my max 233 out??.
Bit lord is what i use for torrents.
I had one coming down the other day at over 200kbs just a singke one and have had multiple torrents running and and one was downloading at over 160kbs.
But i tried out ntls newserver and was getting easy 600kbs. It was a load of crap that i was downloading as i'm still not sure what movie files to look for.
I downloaded something but it was corrupt!!
I jst tried some music files and some pictures of ladies in various states of undresss.
I think they must be gynocological students and were so poor that they had to practice for a test on themselves???: shocked2

lol.....yup still using Sh!tma-X not much choice really other than standard firmware and 1mb:FRIGHT:

Only have to flash it if I change a MAC or config file or unplug it (or look at it!).

I already recognized that something is wrong with the Reboot button inside Sigma-X.
I flashed RC4 hooked up coax and changed mac, rebooted with button and cannot access 192..... After that only Power led is blinking---loop
Shall I do a hardboot (unplug power) instead of press reboot?

That's what I do, and what I put in my guide.

Can still lock up that way though:FRIGHT:

Back