Mobile Phones Xperia X10 Vs HTC Desire

Spectre

Administrator
Staff member
Jnr Admin
Reaction score
I like Sony Ericsson and feel the hardware of the X10 might be better, the camera and FPS of video are.

The Desire has a later Android on it but I wasn't that bothered about apps.

Android 2.1 should be out in Q4 2010 for the X10.

Apparently, multi-touch like pinch zoom will never work on X10 due to hardware though.

Views and discussion please ;).

Why 2.1 when 2.2 is already out for the nexus?

Even my hero has been running 2.1 for the best part of a month.

Sent from my HTC Hero using Tapatalk

i got a desire, and i think its an amazing phone. the only let down for me is the camera, it is ok, but aint upto the standard of other phones. particularly sony ericsson phones.

but i went for the desire over the x10, because of the multi touch and the fact it was running android 2.1 out of the box.

i got a desire, and i think its an amazing phone. the only let down for me is the camera, it is ok, but aint upto the standard of other phones. particularly sony ericsson phones.

but i went for the desire over the x10, because of the multi touch and the fact it was running android 2.1 out of the box.

What apps is multi-touch good with?

I imagine any zooming will benefit?

What apps is multi-touch good with?

I imagine any zooming will benefit?

yep, all apps that u need to zoom on. web browser, google maps etc. it works very well on the desire

Argh Sony, why didn't they do the touchscreen properly :(.

Been reading up on the X10 and may not be hardware issue for pinch, but the software and could be fixed in 2.1 in Sept.

But can't wait for the new HTC Evo which spanks all the other android phones out there, 4G and has HDMI out! (uses same snapdragon CPU as Desire). So hopefully get as an retentions upgrade.

But can't wait for the new HTC Evo which spanks all the other android phones out there, 4G and has HDMI out! (uses same snapdragon CPU as Desire). So hopefully get as an retentions upgrade.

very nice phone the htc evo. but as far as i can tell it is not compatible with uk networks, as its 4G only. so i wouldnt hold my breath, that this will be released anytime soon.

very nice phone the htc evo. but as far as i can tell it is not compatible with uk networks, as its 4G only. so i wouldnt hold my breath, that this will be released anytime soon.

But surely some of the UK networks will upgrade since the iPhone 4G is due out in a few months? Also it will probably be called something else in the UK, rebranded by the operator.

Been reading up on the X10 and may not be hardware issue for pinch, but the software and could be fixed in 2.1 in Sept.

Oooo! It might get fixed?

I do like the X10... I feel the camera might just sway my choice.

I found it strange that SE didn't implement multi-touch, it seems they were in a hurry to get that phone released.

But surely some of the UK networks will upgrade since the iPhone 4G is due out in a few months? Also it will probably be called something else in the UK, rebranded by the operator.

i aint seen any plans for 4G phone networks in the UK.

and the iphone 4G is only called this, because its the 4th Generation iphone, not because it uses 4G networks. little bit of clever marketing from apple, to make it look like its the latest technology, when it fact its out of date before its released. but it wont stop them selling loads of them to people who dont know any better.

TBH Desire stands up miles away from X10 or 4G.

been using it for a month now (previously iPhone) and honestly the love grows by the day.

2.2 update is out this month which will allow apps to be installed on SD card. Nae pish like syncing with iTunes etc..

simply drag and drop files in and out of the phone.. no risk of loosing any apps or songs etc.

Trust me.. it far less hassle than iPhone, you can customise the phones, icons, clock, widgets etc to suit your choice..

I wouldnt take a 4G or X10 even if it was given to me for free...

available in the uk, yes. unless the htc droid incredible has been released yet.

2.2 update is out this month which will allow apps to be installed on SD card. Nae pish like syncing with iTunes etc..

I'll believe it when I see it..!

HTC are renound for being rather late, the Hero 2.1 update was due 2 months ago and is still only availble in CDMA for the Sprint version.

The reason being HTC using SenseUI, with all it's widgets and what-not.

And I have been using an Apps2SD ROM since I got the phone back in October.

yes. there is no confirmation that 2.2 will be available this month. just some of the cuff comment that a sales rep, or something like that, made about it.

I have to say I'm still drawn to the X10 for some reason.

It will be like getting a new phone again when (if) 2.1 is released.

Swingometer tending over to HTC Desire after reading that the X10 call volume is very poor and the onscreen keyboard is apparently shocking.

I like the OLED screen on the HTC.

I can't decide :(.

Swingometer tending over to HTC Desire after reading that the X10 call volume is very poor and the onscreen keyboard is apparently shocking.

I like the OLED screen on the HTC.

I can't decide :(.

Hiya mate, I have owned both the X10 and Desire and theres not much to choose between them. The Desires smoothness and Sense Interface is fantastic and is on the current OS from Adroid. SE have confirmed an update to 2.1 will be available for X10 users around September so a bit of a wait.

The 2.2 update is nothing more than a rumour so wouldnt let that be part of your decision making. Both handsets are excellent for social networking but at current the Desire is probably the better handset due to its Sense Interface which works seamlessly with the Anroid OS.

The X10 was my phone of choice until I actually used it, very poorly integrated with the Android OS and their 2.1 update may not include all the extras the desire benefits from.

Back