Mobile Phones Xperia X10 Vs HTC Desire

Thaks imranrasool, nice to have a view from someone who's had both :).

I'm having difficulty deciding between them, some reviews say the X10 onscreen keyboard is very bad and some don't even mention it!

I think I might end up keeping my old phone and going to a SIM only contract LOL.

I'm having difficulty deciding between them, some reviews say the X10 onscreen keyboard is very bad and some don't even mention it!

my work colleague has one, and he hates the keyboard. he is hoping to get the desire one on it some how, or something similar.

my answer to that was......... you should have bought the desire like i told you. i think he is strating to regret his purchase, after having a play around with mine

just got the x10 yesterday and quite impressed but dont like the keyboard compared to iphone.
The main reason i got it was due to decent camera and was disapointed that the flash doesnt operate auto and you have to go into advanced settings to switch on.
Not had much time to play but quite happy overall

just got the x10 yesterday and quite impressed but dont like the keyboard compared to iphone.
The main reason i got it was due to decent camera and was disapointed that the flash doesnt operate auto and you have to go into advanced settings to switch on.
Not had much time to play but quite happy overall

I'd read that you need to enable it in some menu :(.

What keeps creeping into my mind is that these things could be fixed in software (keyboard and LED...).

SE have said there is no multi-touch fix, I think I could live with that though.

What's the build like? I see mixed reports.

I've never heard anyone say anything particularly great about the x10. I get the feeling you want it but are put off but its faults but clinging on by hoping se fix the issues?

I personally wouldn't chance it. I'd say either get the desire and if in a few months the x10 improves sell the desire for one or sit tight for the time being until you have no doubt as to which phone you want.

Wish I had just waited for the desire in the first place, instead I ended up with an n900 then a hd2 before finally finding happiness with android lol.

I've never heard anyone say anything particularly great about the x10. I get the feeling you want it but are put off but its faults but clinging on by hoping se fix the issues?

I like the look of it and the camera :(.

It does seem like too much of a risk though.

There are some things I'm just not sure about with the Desire :(. I just don't want to get stuck with a phone I don't really like for two years (if AMOLED displays last that long!).

Nnnngggg!!! Might get a Desire...

What are you not sure of with the desire?

The shape, the colour, the camera, battery life and some of the benchmarks :(.

I don't know how well the benchmarks were performed but they managed to make it look slow compared to the X10 with the same CPU. I know that number-crunching isn't necessarily the best task to show performance as many things can influence how fast it executes.

The shape, the colour, the camera, battery life and some of the benchmarks :(.

I don't know how well the benchmarks were performed but they managed to make it look slow compared to the X10 with the same CPU. I know that number-crunching isn't necessarily the best task to show performance as many things can influence how fast it executes.

Slow, when Desire gets 2.2, it will have the JIT compiler, and reports on the NEXUS gave speed increases of 300%-450%, and with Sony only saying 2.1 it will be the slow kid on the block.

The 'You Device' bar is a Desire on 2.2 (using Quadrant benchmark)

HTC-Desire-Froyo-Benchmark.jpg

Last edited:
I tried to order a Desire but they were out of stock :(.

Played with a HTC Legend yesterday and now I want a HTC :). The shape is better than I thought and the chassis feels solid.

SE has failed me :(.

Must admit I used to always get se phones until smart phones became the norm then i became a HTC fan. Only annoying thing with the desire is how quickly you can spank the battery when browsing lots although it seems to be when using WiFi for me.

I noticed the legend one dropping quickly too but he had lots of thingd syncing etc.

Back