Xlink Kai help setting it up

dazling

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi thanks to Dave i now have a RGH 2 xbox and am just trying to get used to it and playing around with it
i am trying to setup Xlink Kai but cant seem to get my xbox to connect to my network? I have done a quick google to see
if i can find a tut but as yet not been able to do so any help please

I think dibbers has had a dabble with xlink dazling so hopefully he will be along to give you some pointers.

Hiya mate, id try xbslink if i was you mate, i was using that xlink kai program and it wasnt great, xbslink makes things alot easier to set up, and if you play with friends once your connected to each other you can play any game and still connect to each other dead easy, lot better program in my opionin

I just set the following :

0 is the default. In this setting XLink will randomly pick a port and attempt to connect. Use 0 if you are using UPnP. (I also selected "Select a profile, the template will be applied over your settings" and selected " separated use - engine pc")

As I have UPnP enabled in the router then there was no need to open a port or the like, all I done was restarted the router and the machine that the kai engine is running on after changing the settings, walla, connects all the time now.

thanks peeps i got it to work just after i posted asking for help but FSD crashed when i tried to set up a server so will have a look at xbslink and see how that goes

I agree with dilly mate the xbslinx is actually the better of the two there always seems to be games to connect to and you cant see the difference between that and xbox live to be honest

Back