xk3y - any good?

herbs

Inactive User
Reaction score
I've been away from the xbox for about a year. Have just put the latest firmware on, all good.
I've been considering buying one of these xk3y - Play all your Xbox 360 games from any USB drive! . I'm getting through too many of those expensive verbs, on what mostly turn out to be crap games.

I thought there would have been talk on here about them already, but no search results. Has got me worried it would be a bad choice. Quite expensive if it has problems.

Any thoughts?

Cheers.

Hiya, i have one for the xbox my niece and nephew use and i think there pretty good, if your not bothered about going down the rgh route then the xkey is worth looking into imo, like you say no messing with discs ,

Looks a good idea, do you need to make any mods to the console or is it a case of just having the key?

Hiya, only thing you need is the firmware off your drive, then you place the firmware on a micro sd card which then slots into the xkey board, thats it, fit the xkey to the xbox, away you go,

I think if I haven't heard anything negative by the time I get home this evening I will buy one. £75 is a lot to pay, but the device seems perfect. I don't think my console is suitable for RGH or that I'd get anything out of the other benefits. I've managed to stay unbanned the whole time I've been flashing, although I don't use live often, it's nice to have the option.

It requires an extra wireless dongle (maybe one I have will work), but the xk3y has a web interface for choosing your games from the drive. Should mean I only have to leave my chair for beer and snacks.

Whats the dongle for?
I thought you only needed your drive key for this and thats all.

This did appear sometime over the past, so interesting to read and see it again.

offline only as *work in progress for live.

(Sounds good, I'll be keeping an eye on this)

I think the mention of the dongle is for

• iPhone App (xk3y WiFi) *
  • Web Control Interface (xk3y WiFi) *

hiya, i used jungle flasher to get my firmware, i already have all the tools, i dont have a wireless dongle for mine, i have that iso menu on mine, so i go to apps and then pictures and all my games show up in there and i just choose which game to play, i personally wunt go on xbox live with it though as c4 and xecuter have said theres at least 3 ways to detect it on xbox live, even xkey website says under work in progress, xbox live support,

says it has a "pass through" mode which I take it that you'd use for live, but as we all know, they know..lol (I think they do any way)

Hiya, yes if you power the xbox on with the eject button that disables the xkey so you can use discs instead, theres lots of people who go online with xkeys that havent had problems but then others have lol, but for me if c4 says there not safe for xbox live thats enough for me, its only me neice and nephew that use that xbox really apart from odd kinect session all family have so xbox live not a big deal on that xbox, so overall i think its a good bit of kit,

ive had a xkey for nearly 12 months now on live ( all abgx verified or my own rips that i haven't uploaded to abgx yet ) & not had a problem whatsoever, saved me a load on disks but to be honest the dongle was a waste of money ive used it maybe 3 or 4 times at max

Well I'm decided. I'd like one. Just got to find somewhere with stock. Teensy.co.uk , their uk distributor, don't have any and no date. Not going to bother with the dongle. Not worth the extra.
Cheers for the comments.

Well I'm decided. I'd like one. Just got to find somewhere with stock. Teensy.co.uk , their uk distributor, don't have any and no date. Not going to bother with the dongle. Not worth the extra.
Cheers for the comments.

i had to get mine from italy i think discoazul but this was 12 months ago so dont know if they stock them still & are any good now try the xkey forums they will tell u where else stocks thme & if they can be trusted

Noticed one of the OZ resellers had some in stock and was the same price I think and the postage was about 7 quid

Hiya, that discoazul co uk site has them in stock for £56 it says, ive never used that site so i cant say if any good or not though, just Where i got directed to following this link

I think I'm going to not take the risk with that site and get it from x360key, xbox drive key, xk3y, xbox 360 key, xb360key I've at least heard of them before for the HDFury stuff they do. It's a bit more and comes with the possibly pointless screen, but at least I will be sure of the latest version and it arriving OK. I've just sent them an email to find out.

Ordered :). 3dfury responded to my email immediately. I'm getting it without the remote screen for £60. Will let you know how it works out.

Ordered :). 3dfury responded to my email immediately. I'm getting it without the remote screen for £60. Will let you know how it works out.

Keep us updated mate.

Quite interested in this thread myself. So what does the screen allow you to do or not do?
I thought you need the screen to flick to your ISO's and be able to pick them? Especially if you don't get the dongle.

Back