XGEN Updater V2 and XGEN Pandora V2 Released

bro

Inactive User
Reaction score
It’s about that time, time you upgrade to the latest and greatest from Team GENyUS. So rather than doing the incremental update thing: M33 -> GEN-A -> GEN-B -> GEN-B2 etc… Jump straight to 5.50 GEN-B2 with Yoshihiro’s XGEN Updater. Of course this only applies to PSP-1000 and PSP-2000 owners with a non TA-88v3 board. And if you’re already sporting GEN – continue on keepin’ on.
xgen.jpg
XGEN Updater installs Custom Firmware 5.50 GEN-B2 directly on your already hacked hand held, which needs to be running 3.71 M33 or above. XGEN Pandora will modify your Despertar del Cementerio v8 setup. So whenever you need to call upon Pandora, she’ll be restoring/reflashing 5.50 GEN-B2 instead of 5.00 M33.
Download: XGEN Updater / XGEN Pandora V2

Nice, cheers bro

wpuld you set this up in the same way as pandora and m33 ie pandora and a magic memory card and psp grader 8? if not how would you use it

Last edited:
wpuld you set this up in the same way as pandora and m33 ie pandora and a magic memory card and psp grader 8? if not how would you use it
no when u download it and unrar it copy the game folder to the memory card and also the file 550.PBP the 550.BPB has to be in the root of the memory card
the boot up psp as though u where going to play a game off memory card
it will have the updater
click on that and follow instructions

copied off the readme file >>>

..:::XGEN UPDATER V2 and XGEN PANDORA V2:::..
This tool let you installing the 5.50 GEN-B2 Full directly without any patch
and on any psp so PSP fat and psp slim TA-79 > TA-88V2 from any custom firmware or kernel exploit .
for the firmware 5.50 put your 5.50 updater on root of your memory stick renamed 550.PBP .
you can use it to restore any official firmware too on slim and fat upto 6.00!!!!
you can use it to install install any TT's firmware on fat psp upto 6.00!! you'll need to put your eboot.pbp
on roots of your memory stick like that X:/EBOOT.PBP .
you can also converter your old DC8 magic memorystick in shiny 5.50GEN B-2.
just select in the XGEN option Install XGEN pandora and restart your psp dont forget
to put the 5.50 eboot.pbp updater on root of your ms renamed in 550.pbp.

ADDED ON XGEN Updater:
Now you have the flash install 5.50 GEN B-2 on first line.
support for the 6.0 OFW and 6.0 testingtool support the last sony encryption stuff
fixed vsh menu 5.50GEN B-2 on FAT system

ADDED ON XGEN Pandora:
Now you have the flash install 5.50 GEN B-2 on first line.
fixed vsh menu 5.50GEN B-2 on FAT system
option TEST DC8 M33 like that you can boot on your DC8 M33 firmware from your Memorystick

to bypass the battery check please connect your AC cord.
Yoshihiro PSP XGEN UPDATER FOR PSPGEN CFW 5.50GEN B-2 V2
use it at your own risk :).
For the latest GEN CFW release visit
http://www.pspgen.com

..:: Yoshihiro ::..
Thanks for the beta test on slim Mon Ouïe , Chris-M from pspgen.com forum.

right so im assuming if im on the 5m33 thing i should use this rather than the other one? how do i upgrade to this if i dont have a pandora battery?

Don't think you need one. once your on cfw your psp is already modded so i'm assum,ing that you run it directly from your game folder, although i could be wrong.

quick question guys

so do i put my EBOOT.PBP from my psp to the root on the memory card ?

are is it the one from the download ?

and will this update to 5.50 GEN-B2 as im on 3.80 M33-5

ThAnK's Garry :Cheers:

ok just tried to do this and failed, my bro has lost the lead to connect psp to pc but added the files to the micro sd as i use these and the duo adapter as memory but psp with pandora battery will not boot, i cant connect to the psp currently. do i need to make a new mms as when i put it in the pandora battery works. am i doing something wrong? why doesnt the pandora work with micro sd cards

am i doing something wrong? why doesnt the pandora work with micro sd cards

because it only works on PRO DUO cards....afaik
the DUO adator only makes it PSP compatible, it doesnt make the micro sd card PRO DUO

you can get 32meg card's for the PSP, these are also not PRO DUO and wont work with pandora.

Last edited:
cheers for the help found a cable for a digital camera that let me connect to psp

thanks for this!! Works great!!:Clap:

My sons PSP 1003 was on 3.52 2 so I first upgraded to 3.52 4 then to 5.00 and then to 5.5 using this tool. I am now showing as on 5.50 gen-b (full) so thats good but now no games will load - ive tried a patched fifa10 and some older ones that always worked before that were all put on the original memory card - i used a different one to install the upgrade?? Any ideas??

Im getting the loading screen and then it says The game could not be loaded (80020321)

Last edited:
Its OK i have sorted it - I needed to go into the recovery mode and configuration to set the UMD mode to M33 no UMD needed!! Hope this might help others!!

set it to the sony one m8 that doesnt require a umd

My sons PSP 1003 was on 3.52 2 so I first upgraded to 3.52 4 then to 5.00 and then to 5.5 using this tool.

This is exactly what I want to do with my sons too but what programs and files do I need to upgrade from M33-2 to M33-4 as all the threads I have read say u need to be on M33-4 b4 u can go to 5.00 or 5.50

Cheers

Stu

Back