XGD3 discs

The new hitachi firmware does not support the `truncate` method of burning xgd3 backups , time to get an ihas phezo.

not managed to burn a successful xdg3 disk yet. (pioneer dvr-216d)wasted about 7 aone discs on cod mw3 and forza 4 i have a hitachi 79 drive. i've read elsewhere that its possible using truncate setting in image burn, also enable calculate optimal layer break. burning at 2.4x. trying these settings i've had write errors at 25%, 2 at 50%, 1 at 75%, and 1 at 97%. i've had about 3 successful burns. but i get unrecognized disc error. i know about the ihas, and verbs, just wondering if anyone has any successful using aone disc with a non burnermax burner.

My dvr 216d went in the bin as soon as my Ihas was installed, try Datawrite instead of Aones or Verbs m8. The Ihas is a truly great burner .

cheap tosh man! you get what you pay for and all that...... :cool:

Aones are definitely hit and miss, I used to use the logo ones in 10 packs with great results, bought a 25 pack of full face printable aone gold only 1 succesful burn out of 1st 12 discs almost always failed at the layer break.
Since I got my IHAS burner I've been using verbs I had a pack of the older MKM001 dye type lying around, all good so far. Might try Datawrites next...

it's in the long run that I say counts, cheap dye = hard work on your laser, not that I've had an Xbox for more than 21 minutes to find out, chopping and changing more times than a baby's nappy with the trotts

anyone in the glasgow area know where to pick up a liteon ihas drive.

pc world if u have one local sell the off the shelf if u dont mind paying a little more for the conveineance or internet shopping for the win to save a tenna :)

cheers dave my man, got the boyz round for a festive beer. i've been told to send you a virtual can of beer,cheers. all the best.

Back