xbox1 to router help needed

rebel

Member ++
Reaction score
help!!!! just entered the world of wireless and looking to add my xbox1 XMBC wirelessly..so far i have managed to add netgear WNR834B router to my cable connection and that side is working fine but got no idea how to get Linksys WGA54G game adaptor to connect ...i have used setup cd for it and entered ssid key etc but dont think settings are right on xbox as it wont connect to router...hoping someone can shed some light...network noob so nothing to technical..lol

Last edited:
turn off any wireless security on your router - use mac filtering instead. This will speed things up if you want to stream video and the like to it later on - it is also a lit easier for the game point to configure, You say you have selected the ssid on the game point - also set the ftp name on it (to xbox or something). then reset gamepoint and router (power off and on) and switch on xbox. check to see if it has appeared on your DHCP client list on your router.

how was that

hi mate, ive made my xbox wireless just like you except my gear is all D-Link!

i did this over 2 years ago so bear with me mate lol!

ok, what you need to is first plug the netgear bridge in to your pc and see what firmware its using and if theres an update. if there is go ahead and do it, mines had stock firmware which didnt support xbox live or anything until i upgraded.

setup your wireless network SSID and set a low level encryption to mkae sure the bridge supports this unless you know for sure what it supports, set the wireless network on the router. once done.

swtch on your xbox with the netgear bridge plugged in and go in to the network settings in the xbox main menu and you see settings for wireless if you go in to advance all you need to do if find the wireless network SSID, once u select it, it should retreive the key automaticall. thats what mines did! if it doesnt enter in manually!

once done reboot your xbox ans swtich back on go back into network settings to make sure its connected and check the signal strength.

depending on your router you may need to give the xbox a static IP.

hope thats helped you out abit, anymore questions let me know.

managed to sort it now peeps...thanks for all the info..made it so much easier...

Back