XBOX playing DVDs

boonergooner

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi, just got my son a cheap second hand XBOX1 and games, it had an RF adapter but no remote with it. worked out that I needed a remote to go with it to play dvds and having got one off ebay we played a couple of films, no probs. But now, every time you put in a dvd the screen comes up saying "you need to connect the playback kit receiver port to watch movies"?? The receiver is of course plugged in, have tried swapping to other ports with out success and the other odd thing is that when I eject the dvd and the menu screen comes up I am able to change selections with the remote control?? Games play just fine. Any idea's anyone? Thanks.

That does sound odd - the dvd playback software is a bit crappy on the xbox1s - I would recommend reading into a softmod and installing xbmc - It will take you an hour to get the info and 15 mins to install (really easy)
This will enable it to play ANYTHING you choose to throw its way incluging divx / h.264 and of course every normal DVD, the remote kit will work with it too

Back