Xbox plan

evan_almighty

Inactive User
Reaction score
Right I have one original xbox and plan to buy two more as they make nice little media players when modded, especially with the upscaling, if you can still get the HDMI cables.

These will go in my daughters bedrooms. Planning to buy them off the internet market beginning with e.

Question, does anyone know anyone who can chip these for me, xecuter3 I would prefer! n.b. the market beginning with "e" doesn't allow the selling of pre-modded xboxes.

Also, does anyone know where I can get some HDMI cables for them, my search of google hasn't turned up any results?

Many Thanks

They don't do HDMI cables for the original xbox but you can get component

You can easily softmod them without taking the boxes apart.

This is very straightforward and doesn't take very long

You can easily softmod them without taking the boxes apart.

This is very straightforward and doesn't take very long

Thanks Purity.
I had a look through the softmodding guide but all the utility links are missing now. I guess they've been taken off due to the age of the console or age of the post.

What's the component cable Oily?
How can the box be 1080p without a HDMI cable?

Are you talking Xbox 360 or original Xbox. Original Xbox is not 1080p and does not have a HDMI port. Max I think you can get on the original Xbox is 1080i via component cable

Last edited:
Thanks Purity. I didn't realise there is an "i" and a "p". What's the difference?
Do you know the part no. of the component cable by any chance?

Also, can anyone help with the tools required for softmodding?

Thank you.

Last edited:
Thanks Purity. I didn't realise there is an "i" and a "p". What's the difference?
Do you know the part no. of the component cable by any chance?

Also, can anyone help with the tools required for softmodding?

Thank you.

i = interlaced

p = progressive scan = full hd

I have no idea on the part number. It's just an original Xbox HD Component Cable. I actually don't even think you can get 1080i on the original xbox. I think the max is 720p

I can probably upload the latest softmod exploit I have for Xbox.....although I don't know how out of date it is now :)

Back