Xbox Live and BT

chookey

I have spoken
VIP Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Please excuse my ignorance on this subject. I am asking a question for a workmate.
Basically from what I gather from him (I was quite busy at the time), he has signed up for BT Broadband with xbox live subscription for 12 months thrown in. He also has to take their phone package obviously. They informed him that because of a deal between themselves and Microsoft, xbox live was only available through BT. Is this true?

Secondly, his bb speed will be 8Meg with a mere 6Gig a month downloads for 22 quid. Is this worth it?
He will incur line rental and charges per month on top of this.

Can anyone please advise if there is a better option as he has 2 days grace period to cancel.

TIA............Chookey

I pay 20.99 a month for 8 meg with line rental thrown in and free landline calls worldwide basically...

My live subscription is paid direct to microsoft.

26 may 1999 said:
I pay 20.99 a month for 8 meg with line rental thrown in and free landline calls worldwide basically...

My live subscription is paid direct to microsoft.
Thanks for the reply mate.
Are you capped?, and are you with BT?

Regards...........Chookey

Mairyhinge said:
nope, Plusnet also allow xbox live, and they prioritise the data so you get fast pings for gaming
Cheers for that Mairyhinge, I'll look into that one now

Chookey

With Talk talk mate...

40 gig per month although they will be flexible about it.

Cheers mate, so BT's claim that you can only access xbox live through them is a load of tosh. I'll tell my mate at work tonight and then the decision will be up to him.

Chookey

Back