XBMC System for XMAS

Re-installing again... Think I might of buggered something up again... Trying to find a link where it says RC2 is already configured to work with the remote... I can share normally PC 2 PC passwords are off but cant share on XBMC for some reason....

Think of installing Win7 on the ASRock but then I suppose I could of just went with a revo if I was going to that lol

looks like xbmcfreaks havent quite got the ion 330 on dharma quite yet

"Only normal Microsoft remote controllers are supported at this time. Asrock ION330 have to be a little more patient. The major differences between the version of xbmc.org are:"

Going to try script method and Install miminal Ubuntu

You will be fine :) Im going to bed though now as im ill. Ill check in tomorrow to see how much you are loving it ;)

Lol same as had some sudafed and going to stay up for another half hour before giving up...

Installing mini ubuntu almost seems the same as installing xbmc still waiting for the software selection screen to appear.

after all that xbmc installed remote still not working and cant view shares. Goodnight lol

What remote are you using? I have to use event ghost with mine as I like to be able to hit one button to kill app and one to start etc... Event ghost just makes it a lot more configurable.

MCE Remote that comes with ASRock 330HT

Trying to install ubuntu-9.10 then install XBMC

Using

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Well installed latest live edition but remote dont work cant access my win7 shares... really ticking me off.

I know its xmas but I managed to get my XBMC setup with fully function remote control before 12pm! Sad I know but im not cooking and guests arent coming until 3pm.

All I need to do is figure out how to access WIN7 shares without username and pass... I can access shares from XP machine without probelms.

I will be creating a full guide later if anyone wants it!

Had to uninstall Windows Live Essentials 2011 now all is working, but cant seem to ftp or anything yet... More tweaking is needed.

wow, i never had any of this messing m8, win7 with xbmc running, see's my mac book and my nas oh and ps3 etc etc... and all just work...

Same when I was using plex just worked very little messing needed...

Apprantly its a bug down to windows live essentials 2011. Uninstalled it and shares all working...

Back