XBMC System for XMAS

xbmc can automatically sort the fanart/ info/ actor thumbs and movie trailers from smb and nfs shares ;)

If you want the best connection then NFS shares are the way to go.

xbmc can automatically sort the fanart/ info/ actor thumbs and movie trailers from smb and nfs shares ;)

If you want the best connection then NFS shares are the way to go.

What are NFS shares? Iv got the ASRock here with me but not unboxed it yet! Going to download that link you posted and see if I get sometime tomorrow.

nfs is a method of mounting network devices. Similar to SMB but more advanced (nfs is good enough to stream 1080p, SMB will splutter on 720p)

as long as you are using either smb or nfs then you will have your tv and movies auto labled for you by xbmc

SMB is a windows method of sharing, NFS originates from unix systems. Both windows and linux can share a folder in NFS. A linux nas drive is the ultimate xbmc companion as you can automate and control your downloads from your phone when you are out and about and xbmc will auto tag and artwork the stuff when it is downloaded

nfs is a method of mounting network devices. Similar to SMB but more advanced (nfs is good enough to stream 1080p, SMB will splutter on 720p)

as long as you are using either smb or nfs then you will have your tv and movies auto labled for you by xbmc

SMB is a windows method of sharing, NFS originates from unix systems. Both windows and linux can share a folder in NFS. A linux nas drive is the ultimate xbmc companion as you can automate and control your downloads from your phone when you are out and about and xbmc will auto tag and artwork the stuff when it is downloaded

That will all have to come later, I want to unbox it now and start installing XBMC but I know once I start I will be up all night... Is there a guide on how to do NFS shares on Win7?

Previously I just used to share folders then search from them on XBMC.

Burned the Xbmcfreaks live disk rc2, any instructions on what to do and how to install on to hdd or is it all self explanatory?

[MENTION]hawkish[/MENTION]

Metabrowser 0.9 Beta. works great for retrieving meta info, creating the files for the folders, what backdrops/banners/folders logos to download. yes, most apps also do it for you, with the correctly named folders - but this just gives u a bit more control.

Tried booting from disc on my pc and got some grub error? I did use win7 to burn the image probably would of been better using nero or something... Will try it in the ASRock once I unpack it.

That will all have to come later, I want to unbox it now and start installing XBMC but I know once I start I will be up all night... Is there a guide on how to do NFS shares on Win7?

Previously I just used to share folders then search from them on XBMC.

AFIAK, you can't do NFS shares on a windows 7 box without 3rd party software.

BTW, though SMB is not as efficent as NFS its quite capable of streaming different 1080p 25gb blu-ray rips to multiple PC at once. Main limitation is going to be your network.

AFIAK, you can't do NFS shares on a windows 7 box without 3rd party software.

BTW, though SMB is not as efficent as NFS its quite capable of streaming different 1080p 25gb blu-ray rips to multiple PC at once. Main limitation is going to be your network.

Not planning to use XBMC on Win7 but thought I would try the live disc on my current pc to see how it boots..

Got a feeling it hasnt burned correctly.

Great fun! Got the ASRock out saw the adapter and its got a foriegn bloody plug and I havent got a 3pin thing to plug in to the DC adapter.

Technically you supplier should send you one free of charge. In reality you will have to pop in to maplins. In practice you can open the gate of a plug socket by putting a screwdriver in the top (earthing) hole and then plugging the euro lead directly into the sockets below (polarity dosent matter).

Naturally if you are at all unsure about putting screwdrivers into plug sockets (as everyone should be) it is best not to do it.

Dont think im going to get anything delivered from ebay, amazon etc before XMAS now so might just have to pop in to maplins.

Went to Maplins and they didnt have any, looks like going to have to use ebay.

Got my power cable but now I cant find my Keysonic Keyboards usb receiver!!!

keysonic-400.jpg

Back