XBMC Disappointing experience or is it just me?

ManofScience

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd like to use XBMC but only for streamed channels - So Navi-X, etc but I'm finding it SOOO Frustrating at finding any links that work.

Take today, I spend 45mins just LOOKING for a SSF1 stream that worked on SportsDevil - is it because I'm on VM internet and the steaming sites are blocked? I know how to either install repos manually, install the video add-ons and some fixes - installing fusion and the hubwizard/maintenance stuff. Am I missing something obvious? Navi-X seemed to have the best links but now that's broke.

Which video plugins offer the best streamed channels? I'm not bothered about 3pm kick offs, just the main channels that Sly would offer, inc Discovery and the like.

What winds me up are these pre-configured Android boxes being flogged - how are they different from what can be done with a bit of knowledge. My old neighbour comes to me for technical advice, his friend has one "with every channel imaginable - it just works out of the box" - so it must be possible manually?!?!? I keep telling him not to buy one, I can set it up manually but I can't get a satisfying experience close to what these boxes offer - but I can also imagine these boxes don't deliver 100%

I'm sure Navi-x is still having server problems mate , just install mashup and use either buzzy or k1m05 for sports but buzzy's now has a p2p section that has all the history ,discovery etc in hd.
For tv shows n films you can't beat istream.
They do take a bit of tinkering and adding playlists but a 10min job and youtube is full of how to vids from istream and mashup to explain the best way.
what you using xbmc on to view

Lots of site XBMC centre connects to thorough Navix etc are blocked by UK ISP's mate.

Your right very frustrating and youll need to use VPN or a proxy to get around that and even then its the nature of the beast that IPTV links are dead from time to time.

mash up and buzzy sports live streams seem to be updated daily and work well

Cheers all, gunna reinstall tomorrow making sure I have mashup and buzzy's - much appreciated

Hi all,

I use xbmc on pic with Raspbmc.
Normally i watch all my content on Mashup, was wondering whats so good about iStream is it any better than Mashup? @Manse

Thanks,
Hnj

Last edited by a moderator:
Its a lot easier to find things hnj .its fantastic when set up to ur needs like imdb u can go on the website make a platlist of all your shows n movies and istream automatically adds them to ur lists. I like mashup but for ease of use istream is better .
Works very well on my raspi with amber skin (designed for pi) just waiting for them to update the sources for gotham now but mash works fine with it

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Once P2PStrm and Sopcast installed, working pretty well with what I can find on Mashup - gunna look at iStream now

Back