XBMC Codec Pack Update

chrome307

Inactive User
Reaction score
This is a pretty much complete codec pack required for media playback within Xbox Media Center.

Install into the path-
X/Apps/XBMC/system/players/mplayer/codecs

X is which drive partition you use for XBMC.
examples-

E:/Apps/XBMC/
F:/Apps/XBMC/

So far I have not encountered a media type which these codecs cannot handle.

(I have used MP3/MP4/DIVx/Xvid/AVI/VCD/SVCD)

This is the path I use for applying these codecs-

F:/Apps/XBMC/system/players/mplayer/codecs

Maybe others will need to replace F:/ with E:/ (depends on where XBMC is located).

Or maybe the codec pack you have is in a diferent sub-directory (then just locate where they are and overwrite with this pack (remember to backup current codecs beforehand).

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

As a final note if you update your XBMC often this codec pack will not be included so you will have to add it again each time !!!

thanks-its been a while since i updated mine

Doesnt the T3CH releases usually have the latest codecs anyway?

I agree. I think the codecs are included in the T3CH release. I certainly haven't had a problem playing any media type with this release.

Yea of little faith .......

any 'latest builds' only install the default codecs in the source packages.

The updated codecs are available for the T3ch and Bling Bling packages from the Mplayer site - Linux x86 codec Release.

If you look at the difference in my codec packs:

ImageShack - Hosting :: codecsjv3.jpg

Simple example look at the top one and you will see on VP4,5,6 support - the new one includes VP7 etc ......... and more

Also a codecs like the FFDShow ones are updated every now and again.

Remember no-one is forcing you to update ....... these codec packs may help with certain files eg MKV - H264 etc if your experiencing problems.

My XBMC build is 13 August 06 ......... and yes there is a newer build available

Last edited:
Yea of little faith .......

any 'latest builds' only install the default codecs in the source packages.

The updated codecs are available for the T3ch and Bling Bling packages from the Mplayer site - Linux x86 codec Release.

If you look at the difference in my codec packs:

ImageShack - Hosting :: codecsjv3.jpg

Simple example look at the top one and you will see on VP4,5,6 support - the new one includes VP7 etc ......... and more

Also a codecs like the FFDShow ones are updated every now and again.

Remember no-one is forcing you to update ....... these codec packs may help with certain files eg MKV - H264 etc if your experiencing problems.

My XBMC build is 13 August 06 ......... and yes there is a newer build available

Probably would of helped if you mentioned why this codec pack was different from the standard codec released in t3ch etc.

Now I know what im downloading and have added them :Cheers:

Back