X Arcade

rorybreaker

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hey all...

Anyone else got a x arcade two player joy stick?

I found one in the bargain section of tk max reduced to £30!

Need to get the buttons configured for the laptop.... anyone done this before? ?

Cheers!
MrB

hI

i bought one a couple of years ago from boystuff.co.uk...its awesome!

the configuration recognizes keyboards keys, theres switches at the back of it to use different sets. you should be able to configure the controls in the game (mame)

you have to select the x-arcade from the main mame window prefs

or if ypur using a fronyend you need to edit the config amd type xarcade

i had one a while ago, it was ok, but not responsive enough for my liking, although i bought it for a fiver at a car boot sale :) i built an arcade machine for my sister with it. it's a sweet setup, with a lightgun and subwoofer, really pumps out the tunes. i ended up making my own controls for my own machine, using an i-pac, much more responsive.

i have an i-pac and i am not convinced with it as it does not keep settings for me :(, you can buy already made PS2 connections (keyboard cut up and put wires on the end ;)) which i will give a try

i also built a arcade machine it kicks ass when playing old games its been left a little and still needs the front glass to go in lol (i have it aswell lol) but been busy with other stuff but will be finished one day

maybe it is faulty if it not keeping the settings? like i said mine is working brilliantly. you may want to try remapping the keys in the emulator you are using rather than changing the settings on the i-pac.

I think the ps2 connectors you are on about have problems with "ghosting" which is a problem with keyboard hacks, its something to do with the matrix used on a keyboard. the only way around it is to use a keyboard encoder, which is a lot more expensive. (i may be wrong about this, its been over 2 years since i researched it!)

Last edited:
Back