Wtf? my Router Aint working? Linksys - DDWRT-v24 [password/problem]

dibbers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not a one to normally ask on this, i've had to reset my router and i can't get past the default log in, it's telling me that it's "root" and i can't log in, tried everything under the sun just about.

got no internet connectivity from it, you know the yellow triangle,

it's got DDWRT-V24 running.....and i get the pink screen with access denied telling me the default log in is "root" but it's not working, previous password and user name ain't working either?

any ideas?

maybe telnet in or some thing?

(i've hard reset it as well, held the little button in for 20 seconds or so...)
thanks

Last edited:
Try hold the reset for 30 seconds continue to hold and turn the router off for 30 seconds continue to hold while off and plug back in and hold for a further 30 30/30/30 method this helped me when I bricked a router once.

More info here
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
yeah thanks, gave that another shot and just the same, ip on pc is 192.168 etc etc as though it's bricked, and yet i can get to the config page of the router? just can't log in and have yellow triangle, gawd, don't say i'm going to have to dig out the firmware for it, i can't be chewed on a friday night"

Ok all sorted logged in using

root
admin

and gave a few resets etc and all back up and running, that was well weird that.....never mind fixed......ta.

Last edited:
Back