Peripherals Tefly Internet in Spain, denied router access by provider

silverdale

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I've a friend who lives and works out in Spain and he had a problem with certain items been blocked (openbox iptv + firestick). He's only just moved over to a company called TEFLY and signed a 18 month contract so I said teamviewer me and I'll check your router setup.

He was given a HUAWEI HG8247H router but there's not router user password on the bar sticker of the router only the WiFi details. I searched round on the net and tried all the default HUAWEI passwords but non worked plus he tried the paperclip reset the router but still nothing. I then decided to email TEFLY and asked what is the default user/password for the router and the reply was a bit of a shock;-

"hello,

Sorry but we can not provide the access to the router for security, please let us know what you need to activated on this and we will do it

Best Regards"

So are they saying they have access to the router and my m8 doesn't ?. Surely this can't be right , say MAC filtering, firewalls , changing wifi passwords , there's a host of things you personally do inside a router to suit your needs and protect yourself. As it stands the router is blocking items so without actually looking myself it's nigh impossible to explain this to their help desk.
If that was me in the UK I would leave them asap I would not feel safe knowing someone can remotely access your router whenever they feel or am I reading his wrong ?.
Any thoughts on this as he runs a business from Spain and his laptop carries an awful lot of personal details regarding clients.

The IPTV issue is going to be difficult if the contract is shut down as you cannot just go to the ISP and say you want the URL take off the fire wall as you want to watch IPTV. And to be honest it may have nothing to do with the router it could just be the the ISP blocks some URLs

What you could try is a PC with a proxy then try the URL on that to see if that unblocks it, if it does there are other ways arround the issue for the firestick

Its blocking the firestick MAC without the URL so it's nothing to do with the IPTV, he's trying to get out the contract and go with his old firm , abit dearer but least you have full access to the router

Well in that case I would find something that the fire stick can do legit in spain (not geo blocked, and if that does not work complain to the ISP that it does not work.

If the MAC is blocked that would mean that it cannot get a IP address at all rather than content being blocked. It would be worth getting your friend to double check his settings on the stick to see if he has a IP address.

Also talk him through connecting to the wifi he may be doing it wrong (I dont know how tech savy your friend is).

Really worth trying the URL on a PC that way you can use teamspeak to control his PC and try it yourself to see if its the URL which is banned rather the the MAC

Back