(wtd) pc/laptop

roachieuk

Elite Member
Reaction score
Ok i need some desperate help asap im after a cheap pc dont care of specs as i dont have much money to spend around the £80 mark.As my pc is on its way out would even part exchange it as i can tell you yhr problem striaght away.

The cpu fan is losing its bearing and ive built computers but from barebones status so im not too confident in changeing this but im sure if someone was confident enough they would be able to do it.

Its an amd athlon 3600+ x2 duel core
2gb ram
80gb hdd
cd/dvdrw drive.

and would be willing to do a partexchange or just looking for a cheap pc that i can browse the net with and do some burning with nothing fancy as i dont really do gameing anymore.

Hope someone can help many thanks in advance

is it a standard pc, if so just swap out the fan. normaly 4 screws.

Last edited:
changing the cpu fan is easy.....

just get yourself a new fan and some thermal paste you can get both from ebay....

unclip the fan from the board and slowly prize the fan off the cpu...

clean the cpu up with a little nail polish remover....

put some paste on the cpu then add fan and clip on to board...

thats it mate.... job done... :proud:

Don't listen to them m8, it's a nightmare to fix. I'll swap you my old XP2500 system straight out :)

:banana:
Just kidding. What's your location m8? I'm sure if you can't manage it someone will do it for you if they're local. I'm in Cwmbran/SE Wales area if you're near and want me to do it for you.

I was looking at cpu fans and heatsinks do i have to get a specific heatsink or cn i pick up anyone.Im guessing it has to be for my make?Im not a computer novice as ive been building comps for a good few years but im being totally honest ive alwasy got the cpus put on the mobo already.Im very greatfull for al your help sometimes i sound stupid lol.I just worry too much when it comes to comps lol.As when ever im putting in parts i get all nervous and get anxious if ive done it right.I check to see if everythings plugged in like 100times when i install a new graphs card or psu lol

this is all you need m8. Cheap as chips!

[ame=http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Spire-AMD-Socket-AM2-AM3-Heatsink-Fan-CoolReef-II-NEW-/170537752905?pt=Computing_ComputerComponents_Fans_Heatsinks_SR&hash=item27b4d79949]Spire AMD Socket AM2 AM3 Heatsink & Fan CoolReef II NEW on eBay (end time 06-Jan-11 16:31:27 GMT)[/ame]

[ame=http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Arctic-Silver-Ceramique-2-5g-Premium-High-Density-Greas-/220704555407?pt=Computing_ComputerComponents_Fans_Heatsinks_SR&hash=item336304418f]Arctic Silver Ceramique 2.5g Premium High-Density Greas on eBay (end time 31-Dec-10 00:37:58 GMT)[/ame]

Don't listen to them m8, it's a nightmare to fix. I'll swap you my old XP2500 system straight out :)

:banana:
Just kidding. What's your location m8? I'm sure if you can't manage it someone will do it for you if they're local. I'm in Cwmbran/SE Wales area if you're near and want me to do it for you.

lol ive been looking at vids on tue and snt think it will be too hard and yeah ill swap lol.......not:p.

Many thanks for your help mate and im a lil bit fair from you as im in southeast uk mate

Where abouts in south east are you?
it should be a max 5 min job.
I got a whole motherboard here with the processor and ram and heatsink all added and all working.
I was working it without a case (just an experiment lol) which you can have as long as postage is covered.
However the problem is its all connected up and its like components hanging out lol. need an F shaped box and anti static and anti crush thing. But if you are in the south east then maybe you aint far from london?

Thanks to all people who have helped im in Milton keynes so give and take 50miles from london.And @Thedentist im still gettin my daily fix of DW lol just on my tablet lol :banana:

Also what sort of mobo is it and what are the specs of it?

Many thanks again cant tell you how appriciated i am with all the help people are giveing me.

:THANKS:

Thanks to all people who have helped im in Milton keynes so give and take 50miles from london.And @Thedentist im still gettin my daily fix of DW lol just on my tablet lol :banana:

Also what sort of mobo is it and what are the specs of it?

Many thanks again cant tell you how appriciated i am with all the help people are giveing me.

:THANKS:
Its an AMD Athlon 3200+
Think it has a gig of ram or something or maybe 512 cant remember.

Maybe it be easier if you open up your computer and take a few pics we can guide you on fixing it.

bit far from me lol
im more near the denist lol
open up pc take pics we all be willing to give you hand as densit suggested.
then you know for next time too

Hi guys thanks for all your help sorry for delays just had to sort out some family things.I will get the pics done once i find my webcam lol.

Many thanks for all your help and advice.

Back