[WTD]Graphics Card - around £50 - £70

Mick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
This is not for gaming, I have bought a I7 PC but it comes with a standard onboard graphics card.

I have to confess!... I do not know much or anything about graphics cards, but would like a half decent card for basic use, including light photoshop use, excell, microsoft word, and I do have quite a few things running at once at times.

thinking about £50 - £70 might buy something to do this?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Mick

I've just bought a GTX 260 for about £50 on ebay. No problems playing Battlefield 3 and excellent for movie editing etc.

I checked out the reviews beforehand and even though it's a fairly oldish card now, it still gives a lot of bang for your buck

Works great with an i5 with 8gb ram

I've just bought a GTX 260 for about £50 on ebay. No problems playing Battlefield 3 and excellent for movie editing etc.

I checked out the reviews beforehand and even though it's a fairly oldish card now, it still gives a lot of bang for your buck

Works great with an i5 with 8gb ram

i got the gtx 260 on ebay about £31 delivered which is a bargain!
it plays all the games like borderlands, dishonoured, pro evo, fifa etc....
i just use my xbox 360 controller when i play on pc! :)

Thanks allot Purity, will look into this!

Seen quite a few on ebay, would this one be any good?

Gigabyte Nvidia Geforce GTX 460 1GB Super Overclocked PCI-E Graphics Card DVI | eBay

Its £89 though?

Mick

how many watts is your power supply mate?
make sure you have one thats powerful enough for the graphics card

by the way if your not in a rush,
might be worth checking out the auctions,
might get a bargain!

Last edited:
Yeah no rush, going to buy a 23" Monitor and looking into that now.

I have been using a laptop for years to do everything, I was at a clients house yesterday and they had a PC which was lightning fast, and really nice big screen...

I thought fook it I am going to treat myself lol.

Just bought the keyboard and mouse I posted earlier... so just need a 23" monitor and a graphics card :)

Mick

Yeah no rush, going to buy a 23" Monitor and looking into that now.

I have been using a laptop for years to do everything, I was at a clients house yesterday and they had a PC which was lightning fast, and really nice big screen...

I thought fook it I am going to treat myself lol.

Just bought the keyboard and mouse I posted earlier... so just need a 23" monitor and a graphics card :)

Mick

make sure that you check the size of the graphics card,
just to ensure it will fit in your pc case,
i was suprised at the size of the graphics card when i got it through the post lol

Yup, the GTX 260 is HUGE. Spans my entire case

your right about that mate,
i had to buy a new case before even buying my graphics card lol

really good thing about the GTX graphics card is the fans that come with it are very good,
so very good for cooling it down! :)

tbh though m8 i would of thought without looking into it much,that a good on board solution would match and new £50-60 modle (without investigating it) what board do you have?

Back