Wrong boot screen is my xbox ok

fimbo

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all
I have a little problem i have read past posts but i cant see anything so here goes.
When i first got my Modifided xbox ages ago when they first came out it came with a different bootup screen which had games on it,it also could play dvds with out the need for a remote.
I gave the box xbox to my kids(big mistake lol) and after a few days it booted up with the original screen my backup games still work but i cant play movies or the games on the harddrive.
Its not a big problem but i was wondering if i could restore it some how or should i just buy the dvd playback kit.
Cheers everyone in advance:banana: :banana: :banana:

it appears your alternate dashboard xbe has gone just get your self an unleashx/evox disk and reinstall the things u want

You will have to download unleashx or evox first ,then burn it onto cd, then update your xbox .

I will pm you the link for slayers 2.6 installer

Cheers Garry

Still not installed

My xbox is made in hungary the mfg is 2002 - 03 -14
Does this mean i have a version 1.
Im very worried about damaging the console i have tryed installing only the dashboard to c: but it is still the same or should i install it to f:
There are lots of warnings about damaging the console is it really that dangerous.
Also there is an option for dvd playback which boots from the original dashboard is this safe.
sorry to be a pain many thanks in advance.

ok i cant really answer your other question but try to download a disk called slayers evo x. i will get some tuts for you in a minute.

I have downloaded slayers 2.6 installer and put it on a dvd but im really worried about damaging my xbox.

on the slayers tools v2.6 disc there are the following options.
option 2 - save bios/eeprom (xboxc:\backup)
option 4 - apps/upgrade/lock/format
then
4a inst/upg xbmc(p)m$dash,apps+evox+3935
4a1 inst/upg xbmc(p)apps+evox all on (f)
4a2 inst/upg xbmc(p)apps on (f)+evox on (c)
4a3 inst/upg xbmc(p)apps on (e)+evox on (c)
4a5 inst/upg just evox(p) on retail hd (c)
4a7 inst/upg just xbmc(p) +apps on retail hd (e)
4a9 inst/upg just xbmc(p) on retail hd (e)
4a10 inst/restore ms dash (5960) 185 eadoo on (c)
4a11 patch old 4920 ms dash for region free dvd

I have given as much detail as i can and any help from you all would be apprieciated many thanks

Hi m8 i have put it onto my xbox and every thing looks ok , never had your prob as my dash is ok, but i sellected (4a ) and my xbox is still going fine.

Do this first!!!!!
option 2 - save bios/eeprom (xboxc:\backup)

right i have saved bios/eeprog in option 2
will this allow me to reset the xbox if i mess up?
then option 4a
there are 11 options in 4a if i choose the wrong one will it brick my xbox

hello m8. right first off is your xbox softmodded or hard modded. if softmodded then slayers may cause some damage. if its hard modded (with a chip) then yes boot slayers. if you mess up can reboot slayers and try again. if your not sure then ask the guy that modded it for you.

if turns out to be a softmodded xbox then give me a pm and will take ya thou a rebuild of it. but slayers is the way to go if chipped :)

It is chipped so if i muck up how do i reset the xbox back to how it is now.
The guy who chipped it is long gone so i have not help here.
do you know which option i choose i very worried about bricking my xbox
i have listed the options a few threads ago many thanks

the good news with a chipd xbox is that it will boot slayers even if you mess up. (well 95% of the time it will. )

the safest option to pick would be 4a3 inst/upg xbmc(p)apps on (e)+evox on (c)
as this uses a stock hd to install.

and remember

“There is nothing to fear but fear itself.”
Franklin D. Roosevelt

I have installed option 4a3 but that didnt work so i also installed option 4a5 but it still comes on with the original screen .
any more suggestions?

auto installer 3

this time i have tried auto installer v3
I have tried installing different dashboards and apps but it still reboots to the original screen.
only thing i havent tried is the softmod option.
another few things i have noticed is when i put the xbox on this morning it asked for the date to be set again
what a nightmare can anyone give me any idea what to do
boo hoo

I have been to some one i know and he told me that the reason my startup screen is the original one and not the evo one is because one of my games have updated something.
he wants to charge me £35 to just rest my dashboard please can anyone help me out im really stuck i dont wanna get ripped off and then it could just happen again

Can You FlashFXP your xbox to your pc m8???

i dont have a ethernet socket or cable will i need to buy one.
If i want to check if my box is softmodded or chipped i have been told to shine a torch throuugh the vents on the dvd side of the box to see if there is a chip or not .
i cant see one is it a big job to open the box to double check?
if it is softmodded could that be the reason i cant install a dashboard?

Back