Wrap Up! Early Winter Snowfalls Forecast

fireblade

Elite Member
Reaction score
bitterly cold temperatures are forecast to descend on Britain this week, with snow predicted to fall as far south as East Anglia.

An arctic blast is apparently set to sweep the country in the first big chill of the season.

As winter takes hold, temperatures will dip to minus 9C (15.8F) in northern Scotland while maximum temperatures in London will hover around 2C (36F).

Areas which have been warned to expect "significant snow accumulations" include Yorkshire, Lincolnshire and East Anglia.

Forecasters said northeast Scotland was expected to experience the heaviest falls, with 20cm (8in) predicted.

Sky News weather presenter Isobel Lang said: "As the winds turn more northeast or even northerly, any showers across Scotland are likely to turn increasingly to snow over the hills.

"But snow is also possible even at low levels into Wednesday, with the wintry shower risk extending southwards into northeast England."

By the weekend, the Met Office predicts snow to fall "anywhere in the UK" but eastern areas will experience the heaviest falls.

The colder weather also means frost and icy conditions will be widespread.

While freezing temperatures are set to last well into next week, forecasters have suggested the biting conditions could abate later in the season.

Wrap Up! Early Winter Snowfalls Forecast - Yahoo! News UK

want to become a part of the hubble space telescope histery? send a message to hubble at this link

HubbleSite - Messages to Hubble

Spot on fireblade looks like the snow is starting early this year. Make sure that little baby of yours is wrapped up mate.Any plans for babys first christmas.

I dont work for the council directly, but i will be gritting NHS properties Retail parks, Industrial estates and Banks.

And we have doubled up after last years fiasco.

The problem was simply one of Supply and demand, and there was too much demand and not enough supply, simples.

Harsh winter, bring it on!
More Bonus for me, trust me its well earned being out when everyone else is in the warm.

Snow clearence aswell.

because im constantly on call i cant drink either,lol

I dont work for the council directly, but i will be gritting NHS properties Retail parks, Industrial estates and Banks.

And we have doubled up after last years fiasco.

The problem was simply one of Supply and demand, and there was too much demand and not enough supply, simples.

Harsh winter, bring it on!
More Bonus for me, trust me its well earned being out when everyone else is in the warm.

Snow clearence aswell.

because im constantly on call i cant drink either,lol

well thats good news, help shift that beer belly lmao! ;)

Hopefully we'll have the sledge out by weekend :)..

As for the council.. with their extra grit.. Pish off we dont want it.. we had 6inch of snow on the ground this year.. noone could get out of the street.. took me a day to dig the car out of the garden.. and hopefully that fun will return :)

Oh what great times.. :)

Snowball fights yesss. :)

Whoop-dee-doo

Even colder when my sleep is interrupted by having to get up for work :(.

Back