wot homebrew do you want

jfish

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
with the news of the PS3 security compromised, what homebrew would you like

for me it has to be XBMC - use it on the original XBox to watch movies, DVD and even iPlayer - but struggled with BDRip mkv - with powerful PS3 it would become an awesome media centre, BluRay player, BBC, ITV On demand stuff, and the luxury of connecting to a Windows/Linux share and watch MKV in HD.

mkv support for me from external hard drive

and maybe to download mkv's straight to the internal hard drive

id just like the ability to install games to the hdd and have them show in the xmb ala jtaged 360

the ps3s shonky as a media player at the mo so i guess xbmc would be good
although i have a separate media player so not an issue-but if one were to be released with the ability to mount bluray isos with full menu support that would be good

maybe an app that would let me use the 360 pad on it rather than the ps3 one-i just cant get used to it not comfortable for me at all

emulators wise i think a good dc one is all id want,can i ****ers get any of the ones for pc working right

infact new dashboard choices would be good-not a fan of the xmb (or the wiis or the 360s current or previous)(i did like the 360s blades tho)

i think a nice bit or irony would be to have a working xbox emulator that worked better than the 360s backwards compatibility lol

but the one id want most is installing my games to hdd-whether it be ps1,2 or 3 and have them on xmb as opposed to having to use a bum

all i want is the ability to play games from hdd and not to lose the psn.

the rest i can take or leave but hdd games and psn still working is numero uno as im an online gamer and have no time or paitence for playing story modes bar one or two fav games.

lose psn, i lose the hack, so play legit.

yeah have to agree with most here it has to xbmc for me also as well as a good backup launcher ftp server and a virtual whore who comes out the tele and shags all night till midnight then at midnight turns into a kebab and 6 pack of beer, definition of perfect homebrew me thinks.

why has nobody thought of dual boot? a choice of original PS3 dash so you can still play PSN, and modified dash for all the extras, for me would love XBMC, with the added iplayer, itv player etc, streaming divx etc from my pc (it may do that now, but i cant get it to lol) and play games directly from HDD

Xbmc would be perfect yes! The ability to easily boot game rips and arcade games and emulators is alp I ask really :) maybe getting rid of civania wouldn't go a miss lol

Would like to get rid of the cinavia drm crap on the ps3

emulators wise i think a good dc one is all id want,can i ****ers get any of the ones for pc working right

Dreamcast emulators on PC are a bit of a nightmare, got mine up and running alright and stuff like Jet Set Radio was working fine with the analog sticks (I have official PS2 pad w/ converter for PC) but the problem for me was that a lot of the best games were always buggy as hell either with sound cut outs or graphical glitches if not stuff not working properly anyhow. Goes with the territory I suppose but when every other emulator out there is as good as flawless esp N64 and PSX then you do tend to expect more out of the DC emu's - I even think the PS2 emu is further along than the DC one and with better compatibility tbh.

On topic personally I'll just be happy with emulator stuff and support for nicer looking menu schemes like the Wii for example that one where stuff loads as cover cases and you can flip them around etc that's ace. Oh and nearly forgot to mention file type limitation removal and hopefully NTFS hdd support. MKV would be nice too.

Last edited:
Back