worth buying.???

terminator2k2

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi there, ive got an xbox 360 and a wii, but my problem is my panasonic upscaling dvd player has bit the dust...

im wandering if its worth investing in a ps3 for blueray and dvd playback aswell as multimedia features and poss a few games....??

just after peeps opinions.....

If Blu-Ray is your thing then absolutely buy a PS3, excellent Blu-Ray machine considering the price and the DVD upscaling is also spot on.

Now all we need is a hack for the games and it'll be an uBer console. :)

I've got a 360, Wii and a PS3, PS3 gathers dust under the tv.

just went to get one on my argos card and every where is sold out.....didnt know they were so popular........

They're not :)

I got mine FREE with a mobile phone, lol

U really do seem to have a lot of dust witchy lol. and they ARE popular now :)

got me a ps3 from argos...got to say though does the ps3 like being what it is.?? within 24 hours its disguised itself as a dust rag.......looks like ill have to get the missus to give it a wipe every day....

anyway impressed with the multimedia hub use.....got a couple of blu ray films on the way......

only tried lego indiana jones(as this was what the missus wanted and she already has it on 360 along with lego starwars 2 and lego starwars 2 the complete saga) its more or less the same as the 360...no difference to my eyes......lol.....

if u are looking for some blurays to buy, get the Planet Earth box set from tesco. its a great set of blurays and a bargain for £35

cheers for that...ive got planet earth on wmvhd.....picture qulaity is superb....only thing is theres no audio through the ps3....plays fine on the 360.....might have to invest in this....

is there any difference between a genuine blu ray film and the shit you can download? like picture/sound wise?

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

There is some different in them yes but not alot. MKV files in full hd about 9 to 12 gig depending on the film. The output between 8682 to 14000 kbps a second for the video side which is pretty damn good.
But these aren't Pure FullHD rips as they will be about 25 gig to download and would have a higher Kbps
So i'd say even tho you can get download full hd films from the web, they aren't in the pure format on the bit side. But if you play them side by side you couldn't tell much different between them

They're not :)

I got mine FREE with a mobile phone, lol

ahahaha good one......... thats how sony push up there sales 1 guy i talked to from 1 of these sights they buy direct from sony in bulk and each console costs under 50 quid.................how true i dont know i havnt managed to get the ps3 to play bluray half as good as d/l hd thru 360..... must hve a dedicated play begore final judgement tho i think,,,,,

ahahaha good one......... thats how sony push up there sales 1 guy i talked to from 1 of these sights they buy direct from sony in bulk and each console costs under 50 quid.................how true i dont know i havnt managed to get the ps3 to play bluray half as good as d/l hd thru 360..... must hve a dedicated play begore final judgement tho i think,,,,,

£50, no chance. the ps3 is a great console, and is selling very well just now. but if u have a 360 thats modded and you have the choice of buying a game for the ps3 or downloading it for the 360. its a no brainer, of course you will download it.

if the 360 wasnt a piece of piss to mod, and i had to choose what game console i bought games for. then the ps3 would win hands down every time.im almost convinced that microsoft made the 360 so that it was easy to mod, so they could sell sh1t loads of them. but the ps3 is gaining alot of ground now, and is only a matter of time before the ps3 is out selling it worldwide. just think how many it would sell if it was hacked.

Back