MAG box Are these MAG boxes worth buying?

shaun127

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
We Don't Do Walking Away. I would rather die with
Hello Lads Im thinking of buying one of these boxes to act as a network media player and Im thinking of getting into iptv which I havent got a clue about, so If I buy one I'll be looking for help with that at a later date from some of the experts.

Is it worth paying the extra for this model with built in wifi etc. Is it a fast reliable box that works well fro what I need it for. does it come with with a decent remote or is the remote shite. I dont think it does 4K is there a similar / better box that will do 4k.

Thanks Lads

Quite happy with mine. Remote is excellent. Haven't tried the wifi as I have a gigabyte switch near to it's location. Just remembered it isn't coming through the switch, direct connection to my superhub.
Can't complain about the speed or reliability but have to say that it runs a little hot for my liking. I'm going to adapt it soon with a speed/temperature controller and fan.

I personally went off the mag boxes mate.
Ive jumped ship to zgemma i55. If you run IPTV on mag box and the box packs up you may lose your sub as it's tied to the MAC address.
Remote on mag boxes are flimsy. Not very friendly interface on channel browsing.
The i55 can run external HDD and you can FTP what you want to HDD.

Both mag and i55 can not run 4K.

Link below may also help....
Zgemma i55

Back