Worried of Plymouth

gluper

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hello forum,

I have ordered a vu+solo2 from China. I have been reading up and I am now worried that I have bought a clone. If I have how can I make the best of it?
This is the description.... vu solo 2 original Linux system decoder Vu+ solo2 1300Mhz CPU Twin tuner dvb-s2 tuner vu solo hd satellite.The word "Original" is confusing me.

Thank you all

Gluper

Solo2 you will be getting is almost certainly a clone. Don't worry though there are many happy users and some of them have the experience with the original as well and say the clone is even better built. All you have to do is use a clone safe images and never do an online update and you should be fine.

Hello forum,

I have ordered a vu+solo2 from China. I have been reading up and I am now worried that I have bought a clone. If I have how can I make the best of it?
This is the description.... vu solo 2 original Linux system decoder Vu+ solo2 1300Mhz CPU Twin tuner dvb-s2 tuner vu solo hd satellite.The word "Original" is confusing me.

Thank you all

Gluper

sorry but this is the who are you part where you can introduce yourself
for info on your coming box
http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/vu-solo2-receivers-633/ <<<<<< read in here please

@gluper, welcome to a fellow Plymouth person, enjoy the site. Hope you get your issue sorted; I'm sure you will, very helpful and knowledgeable people here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you Trabbs, It is a worry. I don't know what I will get when I turn it on.

I wrote to the supplier and got this response...."hi our VU SOLO 2 can falsh VU official software ,no worry "
Any thoughts?

Mate,i think u have a Sunray,and its a BEAST of a machine,and it also got a "service" miniport on the back,so if you should have a problem,by bricking ure box,Sunray is going to provide you the Support to bring it back to life again!

And like @hzverbik said,i have owned a genuine and had a lot of issues with it..Sold the genuine one and bought a clone and all the issues dissapeard...And i keep buying clones for family and friends!

So dont worry,wait for ure unit to arrive,read the topics about clones and enjoy ure box mate!!

Mate,i think u have a Sunray,and its a BEAST of a machine,and it also got a "service" miniport on the back,so if you should have a problem,by bricking ure box,Sunray is going to provide you the Support to bring it back to life again!

And like @hzverbik said,i have owned a genuine and had a lot of issues with it..Sold the genuine one and bought a clone and all the issues dissapeard...And i keep buying clones for family and friends!

So dont worry,wait for ure unit to arrive,read the topics about clones and enjoy ure box mate!!

That is great news, you have put my mind at rest. I cant wait now.

I have bought a 1TB Toshiba MQ01ABD100, 2.5" HDD, 9.5 mm, SATA II - 3Gb/s, 5400rpm, 8MB Cache hard drive (£40) do I have to do anything to it eg, formatting before fitting?. Should I get the box up and running first?

No need to format it as you will have to initialize the disk drive in enigma and then format it once inside the box.

Back