World's first mod chip for PS3?

mrmachinegunn

Inactive User
Reaction score
Found this a few days ago hopfully it may be true

World's first mod chip for PS3? | Crave - CNET

Sony has been quite successful in deterring game piracy for its PS3 console so far. However, this may be about to change if a rumored Belzar mod chip turns out to be real. Besides supporting PS2 and PS3 bootleg games, the hardware-based hack promises many other functions ranging from stealth mode (read: to make the chip harder to detect by Sony) to region-free DVD/Blu-ray Disc playback.

There are, however, two major drawbacks. For starters, you'll have to disassemble the console to solder 12 wires to the mod chip circuit board. More importantly, there's no guarantee your modified PS3 will be compatible with future Sony firmware upgrade and software patches. According to game portal PS3 News, this world's first PS3 mod chip is currently in the testing stage so don't expect to see it in the market anytime soon.

All said and done, you may be better off buying licensed games to save all the hassle and spare yourself the misery of "bricking" your PS3.

sounds interesting tho, ill be keeping my eyes on that 1........

Just found this aswell.

Supposedly on August 18, the Belzar PS3 Modchip BETA 2 has been sent out to 50 testers for final bug testing.

Real or fake I'm not sure, but I'm not willing to sacrifice my PS3 account for a modchip.

To quote: Belzar.com can proudly say we have done what many other have failed to do, we have a fully working direct boot modchip at beta level, being tested right now.

The Belzar PS3 modchip, is the world's first modchip to direct boot Blueray back-ups, and is packed full of other useful features including, multi-region DVD, and Blueray movie playback.

Belzar PS3 Modchip Features:

• Works on all PS3 models
• Works on all PS3 regions (USA, JAP, PAL,)
• Direct Boot of PS3 original, import, and backup (copied) games
• Direct Boot of PS2 original, import, and backup (copied) games
• Supports multi-region Blueray Movie Playback
• Supports multi-region DVD Movie Playback
• No config disc needed - it just works!
• Transparent stealth operation
• Integrates proven belzar Intelligent Code Modifying System
• No awkward USB interface - just insert DVD and play!
• Supportsall upto date titles
• Ultra-low power consumption; does not interfere with normal PS3 operation
• Only 12 wires to solder
• No external PC/laptop needed
• Completely upgradeable firmware, via Belzars usb 2.0 interface

Read more: http://###.ps3news.com/PS3-Hacks/rumor-belzar-worlds-first-ps3-modchip-being-tested/

Last edited:
ITS april the 1st again lol

Iam using the iso that got sent 2 me from someone on this forum cannot say who like ......and that works a treat ....

Found this a few days ago hopfully it may be true

World's first mod chip for PS3? | Crave - CNET

Sony has been quite successful in deterring game piracy for its PS3 console so far. However, this may be about to change if a rumored Belzar mod chip turns out to be real. Besides supporting PS2 and PS3 bootleg games, the hardware-based hack promises many other functions ranging from stealth mode (read: to make the chip harder to detect by Sony) to region-free DVD/Blu-ray Disc playback.

There are, however, two major drawbacks. For starters, you'll have to disassemble the console to solder 12 wires to the mod chip circuit board. More importantly, there's no guarantee your modified PS3 will be compatible with future Sony firmware upgrade and software patches. According to game portal PS3 News, this world's first PS3 mod chip is currently in the testing stage so don't expect to see it in the market anytime soon.

All said and done, you may be better off buying licensed games to save all the hassle and spare yourself the misery of "bricking" your PS3.

Any image's of the chip or guide on how its fitted..please

The thing which makes me think its bollocks is this
• Direct Boot of PS2 original, import, and backup (copied) games

The newer PS3s dont have PS2 compatibility so is this claiming it can now work on the new slims etc:err:
Also if it was released on August 18th that was coming up to 2 months now so if it was working then surely they would have had more than 50 people tesing it by now, i smell bull :)

The thing which makes me think its bollocks is this

The newer PS3s dont have PS2 compatibility so is this claiming it can now work on the new slims etc:err:

i call this bullshit because of the above. but i would love to be wrong about this

was it not said before though that if was hacked by modchip then ps2 emulation could be written onto the chip

as stated,fake and very old news-just check belzar.com,and NEVER believe anything from ps3news lol

well the last comment in the link in OP kinda kills the feed.. some one has too much time on their hands lol

Back