World's first Ferrari theme park unveiled

NoodlesJoe

Inactive User
Reaction score
Malta- Fleur de lys."In hoc signo vinces"
bloody looks cool to me:banana:

It's entirely fitting that a unique theme park devoted to Ferrari will feature the world's fastest roller coaster ride.

Travelling at speeds of up to 125mph, the roller coaster gives its passengers the experience of being in a Ferrari Formula One car as it generates the same G-force.

The ride takes passengers up and down its track with elevations of 62 metres.

Visitors to the theme park can also try out the state-of-the-art racing simulators used by the Ferrari F1 team.

For the real thing, kids can have a go on the Driving and Racing School and receive expert tuition from instructors.

Another park ride takes visitors on a journey through the V12 engine of a Ferrari 599 supercar.

Built on Yas Island, Ferrari World Abu Dhabi also has the world's largest indoor park to keep visitors out of the hot sun.

The park's roof is made from glass and metal to cover a total area of 200,000 square metres. It also has the famous Ferrari logo painted on to its red surface.

A 2,200-room hotel is part of the theme park and Abu Dhabi airport is only 10 minutes drive from the park's front gate.

Ferrari World Abu Dhabi is set to open in September this year.

http://uk.cars.yahoo.com/22032010/36/world-s-first-ferrari-theme-park-unveiled-0.html

I am not too keen on the merchandise:

Ferrari hide-the-baldness hat - £54

Rubber penis extension with Ferrari Horse logo - £86

'Everyone thinks I am a knob in the pub' T-Shirt - £37

A little early for an April Fool are we not?

Travelling at speeds of up to 125mph, the roller coaster gives its passengers the experience of being in a Ferrari Formula One car as it generates the same G-force.

Let's hope they don't ask Fabio along as a guest on it's opening run.

If a goose hit him at that speed it'd take him head off.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7w4dpxgSWA"]YouTube - Fabio gets hit in the face with a goose![/ame]

Ok pal I have just done a little market research with a cross section of kids aged between 11 and 13, my two.

What would you rather do.....

1) Take a park ride that takes you on a journey through the V12 engine of a Ferrari 599 supercar.

2) Go on Aerosmiths Rockin' Rollercoaster at Disney MGM.

They are still thinking, will let you know.

:)

Ok pal I have just done a little market research with a cross section of kids aged between 11 and 13, my two.

What would you rather do.....

1) Take a park ride that takes you on a journey through the V12 engine of a Ferrari 599 supercar.

2) Go on Aerosmiths Rockin' Rollercoaster at Disney MGM.

They are still thinking, will let you know.

:)

my money is on 1 lol:banana:

Just a pity none of us will probably get to try it. Ever tried going to any F1 GP, costs you an arm and a leg never mind Abu Dhabi.

i would love to go there

im a bit of a adrenaline junkie .....lol
and my private plate starts with V12 ***......lol

Just a pity none of us will probably get to try it. Ever tried going to any F1 GP, costs you an arm and a leg never mind Abu Dhabi.
Thats not really the reality though jaffa :) I've been to loads of F1 races and testing too, but not in the uk. Its cheaper abroad and I've been to Barcelona most times, and Valencia for testing. Flying out, plus hire car, gate tickets etc, split between a few of you, is cheaper than going to silverstone lol. I've also drove to european ones with groups of us, just because its a cheap deal.
My bro & friends paid £2500 each for vip silverstone tickets, while same year I went to 3 grand prix weekends, overnight stays, hire cars, flights, the whole lot could of only been about 500 per person tops. :proud:
I think a trip to barcelona, car, overnight stay, race tickets etc worked out maybe 150-ish each. Ok the pound is worthless at the mo, so money exchange is a problem, but its still worth noting.

For sure I will be trying to get tickets for this theme park.
Mind you, I fly abroad to see a dentist, or buy contact lens's etc, I really hate being ripped off in this country lol.

The rest of the plate makes it infinitely more worrying.

Back