Linux Work Help...Urgent

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a lot to resolve manually - have you tried using yum to install the rpm? You can do this:

yum --nogpgcheck install samba3-winbind-3.6.12-44.el5.x86_64.rpm

Then yum will try and resolve the dependencies for you...

There's a lot to resolve manually - have you tried using yum to install the rpm? You can do this:

yum --nogpgcheck install samba3-winbind-3.6.12-44.el5.x86_64.rpm

Then yum will try and resolve the dependencies for you...

Did that already, but I had someone look at it this morning, apparently although installed, it was the few x64 dependencies for samba causing the issue and it's now working.

I have another problem but its netsweeper related as opposed to Linux (user credentials not been passed correctly) and it's easier to log a call with support.

Cheers for your help :)

OPENSUSE OPENSUSE ...
openSUSE.org

look, i was used centos, is a red-hat clon, both fail on install packages, you must try may many many times, in the same way, problems like yours happen to me, i can solution this problems, but the work and time is very long, and time is somthing tiny for us, for this reasons and another, i say you, USE OPENSUSE, above you have the link for get it, x64 x86 itanium amd live kde gnome etc, i prefer use gnome, please question me, i can give you a support through this site, no problem.

by last, the problem that you describes is not your fault, may be something wrong in your HDD, your installation disk, mmmm the software that you are implementing need dependences that does not exist or ar taked from a damaged medium, but i can say you, the problems is caused by errors included in centos/redhat, debian have problems like this too, i prefer use opensuse, you use opensuse and this problems will die, i tell you.
!! big problems -> big solutions !!!

And you're full of it my friend....because you quite clearly haven't read any of the thread.

Crap deleted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back