Won this on ebay last night....

I'd be a wee bit concerned about that correction he's added at the bottom about the servicing.

will ring him today, and ask about....last time cambelt was changed, last time serviced, last major problem...etc...what else should I ask?

will ring him today, and ask about....last time cambelt was changed, last time serviced, last major problem...etc...what else should I ask?

Lol, I'm no expert I'm afraid, but cambelt and oil changes spring to mind. Does 3/4 years mean he's had nothing done?

If there is any smoke on start up, and under acceleration. Any rattles, noises from engine when cold or warm.

Any hesitation under load

61000 miles over 11yrs, approx 5500 a year.Run about town car??i.e stop/start motoring?

61000 miles over 11yrs, approx 5500 a year.Run about town car??i.e stop/start motoring?

61000 miles is really good for the year isnt it?!

will call the guy to ask some questions after 12pm...when I finish work

just talked to the guy....cambel changed at 45000 (car now with 61000) ... no smoke...no engine noise...looks preety good...will meet the buy tomorrow to have a look and if all ok, done deal!

61000 miles is really good for the year isnt it?!

Well it is if it's been driven on the motorways/A roads etc but in town on the other hand, city driving is tough on cars. You are constantly accelerating and decelerating. The transmission is constantly shifting up and down which accelerates wear and the engine idles lower reducing oil pressure and causing more wear on internal engine parts. You use your brakes more often so they will wear out quicker as well.
The lack of oil changes to might add to the wear and tear,VW's/Audi engines are known to build up 'black sludge' if the oil isn't changed regulary.

I think the person was meaning he used to have it serviced in a garage up until 3/4 years ago then he probably does it himself.

I know I always buy original parts oil etc and do my own :)

why do u want a left hand drive car for ?

'

'

only jokin

It's a VW Golf, it'll still be running after we're all dead and buried :)

Back