wirless

gordy230

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi i have computer upstairs which i have a belkin router installed to it i have a laptop which has a belkin net card which slots in at the side and i have installed software on it and i connect to the internet no problem now as santa came he brought my daughter a laptop which has a lancard uilt in and im having probs connecting to internet and dont know how to can anyone help do i have to install software to it the same as i did with my laptop thanks

You shouldnt need to use any software as it should auto connect. Do you have any security set up on the Belkin router ? This may sound silly but is the wireles on the new lappy turned on, a lot of times the wireless switch may be off and that can be the problem. I take it the newlappy has Vista on it, is their a wireless icon on the taskbar ?

On some laptops you need to press the wireless button on it.On one ofmy Advent you have to do this.

Might depend on the brand of the laptop too

Some of them use their own WLAN software and some use the default windows stuff could be connecting from the wrong app..

Back